Metal Fabricator sponsorship

adam88

Hey guys! Just joined upto PIO

I travelled to Adelaide to visit my OH family in March we loved it so much we want to emigrate there. Currently I am looking at hopefully being sponsored and wondered if anyone here had any information for me on how to get started? I have an NVQ Level 3 in fabrication and welding and have worked in the trade for over 8 years.

Thanks in advance, Adam :)

I travelled to Adelaide to visit my OH family in March we loved it so much we want to emigrate there. Currently I am looking at hopefully being sponsored and wondered if anyone here had any information for me on how to get started? I have an NVQ Level 3 in fabrication and welding and have worked in the trade for over 8 years.

From what you have posted, you probably have good prospects of being sponsored. I suggest you consult a registered migration agent for an assessment of your case.

Be aware of the pitfalls of sponsorship.

First, it is only usually only a temporary visa (457) with no direct path to permanent.

It is tied to the employer and if you were to lose your job, you only have 90 days to find another company willing and able to sponsor, or leave the country - you would be surprised how often this happens.

Some states will charge temporary visa holders thousands of dollars per year for education if they have children.

The partners of 457 holders can have difficulty finding work.

I would suggest you look at skilled migration.

Going for sponsorship would not be the first thing I would consider. Your occupation appears on the SOL, so it is eligible for skilled migration. This would provide PR from the start and you would not be bound to an employer. You also don't need to find an employer, you dwn just get on with applying by yourself. Have a read about the 189 visa and skills assessment for your occupation.

Archived