Police check 457 application - help!

Floella1

Hey,

Just a quick question......

Does anyone know if it is absolutely essential to gain a UK police check before lodging my 457 visa application? I've read that you don't need to unless it is requested by the case officer, ha but I've also read you do need to attach one?? Just wondered if anyone can offer any advice??

THANKS!!!

You don't have to obtain a police certificate before applying. You will be requested by the department if you need to apply for them.

All dependants over 18 years old may also have to provide a Police certificate as well, but again the time to do this will be advised by the department.

Hey,

Just a quick question......

Does anyone know if it is absolutely essential to gain a UK police check before lodging my 457 visa application? I've read that you don't need to unless it is requested by the case officer, ha but I've also read you do need to attach one?? Just wondered if anyone can offer any advice??

THANKS!!!

For a 457 they often don't ask for police checks unless you admit to having a police record. defintely wait and see if its requested.

Just as an addition to Nemesis' post above.

If you do have a record then you should declare it on this application. If you wish to obtain permanent residency in the future then you will definitely have to provide police checks in that application. The answers that you give on this 457 visa application will be cross checked on any future applications.

Archived