Im a Newbie!!!

Que Sera Sera

Hi everyone after much deliberation we are going for it.We are right at the start of the process. We ave contacted 2 agents but as yet they have not got back to us.

We have done the points test and it would appear we do qualify for the skilled migration visa as my husbands skills are on the wanted list.

My daughter already lives in Australia with her Father and she loves it so we have decided to follow with my other daughter who is 14 and our son who is 7.

Unsure where to settle as there seems so much to take in. I dont really want to be too close to Ex Husband and his new wife but, would like to be closer to my daughter. They live in Wynnum near Brisbane. I dont really want to live in a big city but obviously it will depend on where my Husband is most likely to get a Job.

Can anyone tell me roughly how long the Visa application can take?:daydreaming:

Guest julie2g1b

hi there

welcome to pio it is very addictive so be warned :biglaugh:

it takes about a yr to get visa's depending which one that's how long it took us

you have you up's and down's along the way but there is always someone on

here to help just have to try and enjoy the ride as will be worth it in the end................

that what i tell myself just waiting to sell house :arghh:

all the best and good luck

julie :wubclub:

Hi

welcome to PIO good luck to you both, just a bit of advise Melbournes the place to be

All the best

Watch out for tracy123. Very biased on Melbourne!!!!!!!!!! But good fun and full of interesting bits of info!

Visa process is about a year, give or take.

Have you considered the Gold Coast or the Sunshine Coast? Both Queensland and close to Brisbane. Great beaches and loads of work. What does your husband do? Gold Coast is livelier than the Sunshine Coast which is the place a lot of Aussies retire to for the relaxed pace of life!

Kate

Watch out for tracy123. Very biased on Melbourne!!!!!!!!!! But good fun and full of interesting bits of info!

Visa process is about a year, give or take.

Have you considered the Gold Coast or the Sunshine Coast? Both Queensland and close to Brisbane. Great beaches and loads of work. What does your husband do? Gold Coast is livelier than the Sunshine Coast which is the place a lot of Aussies retire to for the relaxed pace of life!

Kate

Hi thanks for the info, my OH is CNC machinist. He has seen many job advertisements for his particular job but from all over Australia so we need to think of schools etc too.

Guest Rickard Family

Hi, welcome to PIO

Have a look at education.qld.gov.au this is a link for schools etc in queensland or there is a education section on here on one of the forums with different threads i am sure someone has asked the question you want to know so there could also be some useful links on them.

Good luck

Lou.

Archived