Electric Stuff!

Que Sera Sera

Apologies if this seems a stupid question.:embarrassed: But my Ex Mother in Law :arghh: has told me that you cannot use your electric equiptment e.g. televisions computers games consols etc, in Oz and that you have to buy Ozzy ones over there.

Is this true ? or can you just buy adaptors for them?

I am going to have one heck of a job persuading my 7 year old son to sell his Wii, PSP and Xbox (spoiled git!) Also we have just bought a brand new computer so would prefer to bring it with us. :unsure:

Some TV's dont work over here ,most will if run via a video player.All the playstations ,x-boxes etc will work too ,so you can stop panicing,lol ,it is wise to bring a few adaptors until you get chance to change the plugs/leads,hope this helps

Cal x

Thanks so much, yes that does put my mind at rest. Our t.v.s are all getting on a bit so it probably will not be worth paying to take them but the games consols and my daughters hairdryers and straighteners were a real worry. ( we certainly have our priorities wrong somewhere!) but Im thinking if we can make the kids happy that will be half the battle! Right at the start of the process so have not told them yet!

We brought, TV (daughters portable only works for dvds. but she's had it years), brought, washer, dryer, computers, lap tops, x box , iron, juicer, kettle etc., etc., (bit like the generation game conveyer belt this one isn't it lol). Needless to say that we changed the plugs (available for a few $ at Bunnings) and everything is working fine.

Ali

Some folk have recommended taking a UK power board and changing the plug on it that way if you have some things that need transformers in the plug thingie (like mobile phones etc) that you wont need to be running around trying to find individual adapters which is a real P*i*T*A. New LCD and plasma tvs are dirt cheap here these days.

Guest mandy1

Hi all

Well, we bought out portable tv's which did not work here as they couldn't pick up the signal (we got picture but no sound) however they are fine for kids for dvd's/playstation etc..The x-box 360 works fine as does our home theatre dvd set & our computer and lap-top. We just got adaptors but as others say you can change the plugs to Aussie ones too.

Mandy x

Archived