After Hearing From An Immigration Agent - London

Couchman

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an email I have just received. My partner and I applied for the 309/100 visa at the end of June at the London consulate and I have just received an email confirming receipt of my application.

On that email it states that Section 1 is for further information required and Section 2 is for health and character checks. Under this it just states processing times of at least 10-14 months and that I have 70 days to complete these checks. It then just goes straight to the health and character checks in bold type and gives me details and my HAP ID.

Does this mean they need no further information regarding the evidence etc on my application and just the health and character checks? Secondly am I correct in thinking that once the health and character checks are completed I have to enter Australia within a year, providing the application is successful? Lastly they spelt my first name incorrectly on the email, will this just be a typo or will I have to contact them and tell them that its wrong in case the 2 names don't add up?

Thank you for your time and advice in advance!

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on an email I have just received. My partner and I applied for the 309/100 visa at the end of June at the London consulate and I have just received an email confirming receipt of my application.

On that email it states that Section 1 is for further information required and Section 2 is for health and character checks. Under this it just states processing times of at least 10-14 months and that I have 70 days to complete these checks. It then just goes straight to the health and character checks in bold type and gives me details and my HAP ID.

Does this mean they need no further information regarding the evidence etc on my application and just the health and character checks? Secondly am I correct in thinking that once the health and character checks are completed I have to enter Australia within a year, providing the application is successful? Lastly they spelt my first name incorrectly on the email, will this just be a typo or will I have to contact them and tell them that its wrong in case the 2 names don't add up?

Thank you for your time and advice in advance!

Are you sure you got this email from an agent? Sounds more like an email directly from DIBP (Immigration) to me?

Thank you for your replies, I will Definatly chase up the typo! Regarding who it was from, it is signed with a name and senior immigration officer from dibp. I thought I would give the European centre a call and run it by them. Thanks again

I would also hold off the medical and police checks until you are asked to do them specifically or you could end up needing to re do them, as you say they are only valid for one year and you must enter Aus on the visa before they run out.

Archived