Whats the best way to travel from Melbourne to Brisbane and other parts?

Que Sera Sera

Hi all. My daughter lives in Wynnum north of Brisbane, I have looked at a few websites but can't seem to get much of an idea. If we relocate to Melbourne how much would a visit cost and how long would it take. Whats the best way to travel around Australia. From what I can see air travel seems very expensive and to drive would take 24 hours plus!:err:

Hi all. My daughter lives in Wynnum north of Brisbane, I have looked at a few websites but can't seem to get much of an idea. If we relocate to Melbourne how much would a visit cost and how long would it take. Whats the best way to travel around Australia. From what I can see air travel seems very expensive and to drive would take 24 hours plus!:err:

Hi to travel by car it takes 24hrs so yes you are right about that one. if i was you id fly if you go to Virgin Blue Home you can book your tickets in advance and save a few $$$$$$$ there are some other low cost air lines to. if you cant do it by plane i would go by car, then train then bus.

good luck

Geoffrey

Thanks for that Tracy123 I will look it up. It would be a shame to be so close and not be able to visit regularly. I think we will settle in Melebourne as it does look lovely and there does seem to be a lot of jobs advertised to suit my husband.

Also i think the climate would be better suited to us white skinned Bristolians!!!!:biglaugh:

Definitely fly! Unless you fancy a few days on the road there and back - and quite frankly it is a dead boring road for the most part. Dont discount Qantas either, they sometimes have very competitive prices even when compared with Virgin, Jetstar and Tiger. Maybe you need to do it once then you will have done it and will have no compunction about never doing it again!

Guest gary12

Virgin Blue are great. Prompt service, we found the stewards to be really helpful (not like UK based economy airlines) Book way ahead and it can be a bargain. Think it took us about an hour I think.

Michelle

Guest taffy 62

Jetstar have been having some bargian flights from melbourne to brisbane for $49,

If you travel off peak times with virgin you can get flights from about $79 to $149.

The cheapest days to fly are tuesday and wednesday.

We have just moved nr wynnym and fly to victoria a lot.

You can get bus or train from melbourne stations out to avalon airport. if you go jetstar, and from tullamarine if you fly virgin. think the later will be a bit easier.

Archived