Shipping Im Confused!!

Que Sera Sera

I have read through some old threads about shipping and things were mentioned like jet washing bikes and motor bikes and also that you cannot take wooden items etc.

If I decide to ship and not sell the furniture I would take two leather sofas and 2 ratten chests a wooden dining room suite with ratten chairs. Is this going to be possible or am I not allowed to ship these item?

Do I have to ebay my life away before I come?:jiggy:

Cath in dull grey Bristol.

11/06/08 all paperwork sent to agent! (here we go!)

we brought leather sofas over and had no problems with them. Not sure about rattan furniture but a removal company will advise you when the time comes as i know we were advised not to take our wicker boxes etc as they either destroy them or spray them and it costs you quite a bit for either method.

Guest sheena

hi ya, you should be fine with the sofa but think you will have problems with the ratten,

have a chat to a local export removal company they should know, also there is a site you can look at cant remember what its called but think there is a link from immi site!

good luck,

sheena :wubclub:

Guest claire&fred

Pickfords have advised us that we cannot take whicker or rattan and have to get bikes, bbq's etc steamcleaned. My OH has a 5ft aquarium and he spent 6 hours steam cleaning it.

Claire

• 2 months later...
Guest interested16
Customs have a disliking for un treated pine ,cane etc,before you part with anything that youd really like to bring have a chat with the shippers.They will be able to tell you whats best left here.

Cal x

Im just planning sending a wooden cog to Australia in a tea carton in amongst clothes etc,am i gonna get massive fees etc when customs open it and see wood!?

If not sure what a cog is,please google Orkney Cog as they a great traditional item for a wedding,check out Cog recipe too!

Guest heieup

I don't think you'll have a problem with the orkney cog, it really is only totally untreated wood as I understand it that is an issue. The tea chest might be a problem tho.

Archived