We can literally do one thing (after PR grant) - feedback. Like in your case, it has already exceeded 6 months while they allege service std to be 6 months. They are lack of supervision that's what i felt.

https://www.border.gov.au/about/contact/provide-feedback/compliments-complaints-suggestions/visa-citizenship-service

https://forms.business.gov.au/smartforms/servlet/SmartForm.html?formCode=oco-complaint-form

To me, the problem is not that they don't respect the rules. But they just put any unfair rule they want and no one complain. They just increased to process times so they make sure to respect it.. But these timings are not really fair to me. For people who've been here over 6 years, work, pay taxes etc... 6-8 months is way too long!!!!

To me, the problem is not that they don't respect the rules. But they just put any unfair rule they want and no one complain. They just increased to process times so they make sure to respect it.. But these timings are not really fair to me. For people who've been here over 6 years, work, pay taxes etc... 6-8 months is way too long!!!!

The official posted svc std is still 6 months. Any violation with no sensible reason should be brought up.

So you don't want to complain about the delays?

No one wrong they have **** of loads so that's why it's taking long and we did not expect before that it will take this long, but we can not do anything except waiting even if we will complain they have a solid reason for example holidays. I only know one thing one day we all going to get PR, cause they have to be worried more than us as they slow, there's more files gonna be in the queue, let's hope for best.

about complaining

So you don't want to complain about the delays?

I do not want as I cannot see delays. They said that 75% PRs will be ready in 6 months and this is what we have here. I recon that there is no reason to complain if you wait approx. 6 months. And if they ask for some docs and you have 28 days to attach them to your application, it is 6 months+28 days = 7 months. Easy!

Of course I am not happy of that but there is not IMMI's fault. That is what I think.

Ya you are right and there 99% cases got positive reason so, it's just matter of time and already many of us has waited for 3 to 4 years so I guess it's not end of the world, let's wait for one more month hopefully most of us will get it in january I recon.

I do not want as I cannot see delays. They said that 75% PRs will be ready in 6 months and this is what we have here. I recon that there is no reason to complain if you wait approx. 6 months. And if they ask for some docs and you have 28 days to attach them to your application, it is 6 months+28 days = 7 months. Easy!

Of course I am not happy of that but there is not IMMI's fault. That is what I think.

I agree with that Peppa01. But what I believe as being unfair it that at the time of our application the delay was not 6-8months. So if they keep extending the processing time when they need it, of course there will be no reason to complain because they will always respect de timings.. And in a broad way, I think it's a bit too much to ask for 2 years sponsored in the same company (same position/ location etc..) and then have to wait about 8 months. Cause all together it's almost 4 years in the same company! (few months before asking for sponsorship, then 2 years, then 8 months).

I know there is nothing we can do (except write a feedback after getting PR..). I'm just angry :)

I agree with that Peppa01. But what I believe as being unfair it that at the time of our application the delay was not 6-8months. So if they keep extending the processing time when they need it, of course there will be no reason to complain because they will always respect de timings.. And in a broad way, I think it's a bit too much to ask for 2 years sponsored in the same company (same position/ location etc..) and then have to wait about 8 months. Cause all together it's almost 4 years in the same company! (few months before asking for sponsorship, then 2 years, then 8 months).

I know there is nothing we can do (except write a feedback after getting PR..). I'm just angry :)

i am 101% agree with you and @peppa. Many mambers got response on 30 and 31 dec even we was on holiday and immi people was working. They working hard. They r working for us.

Best of luck to all. Hope we will get PR soon.

Yes, I agree than anyone who does not receive contact after 6 months should put in a formal complaint. Someone needs to make sure they are being held accountable for the documentation that they have provided. The Commonwealth Ombudsman seem like its for more serious issues, like detention centres, human rights violations, etc.

Anyways, it appears that July6th applied for visa on July 17 (nomation on July 6). Therefore, the 6 months will not technically be up until the 17th, correct? Do immigration consider the nomination date or visa application date when implementing their service standards?

Did u get you're PR @July9? On the excel spreadsheet it says status Finalised..

Hi Guys,

i'm new to this forum, but I'm a long time watcher since June.

Today I got my PR granted timeline as below

Nomination application: 25/06/2015

Grant: 26/11/2015

Visa application: 26/06/2015

Grant: 06/01/2015

Center: NSW PESE Paramatta

additional document requested on 30/11/2015

yes, it took me 6.5 month, but just want to say, hang in there guys, immi officer is working on our cases. We will all get what we want.

best luck to all!

Hi Guys,

yes, it took me 6.5 month, but just want to say, hang in there guys, immi officer is working on our cases. We will all get what we want.

best luck to all!

Congrats, have you requested further documents?

At least we know co are working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by bennyluk

Hi Guys,

best luck to all!

Awesome news! Congrats!!! And thanks for the support ;) Can I ask what docs they required?

Hi Guys,

best luck to all!

Congratulations @mj617, are you direct entry or transition?

Hi Guys,

best luck to all!

Hi mate congrats its a great news and a wave of relief for my friends here. Its been a rough day here on the forum all getting anxious which is obvious for a reason. But anyways everyone will eventually get there and good luck to u again.

Before you knock off whats ur occupation and wat docs were u requested for. Thanks @mj617

Ok... we are all good people doing thing in good faith. No one wants to complain if it's unnecessary. What a few people in DIBP (not all i'd say) behaved in our past interactions has showed some problem:

1. They change the Service Standard they promised to suit themselves, rather than changing themselves to keep commitments to their clients (us). (Can they?!)

2. They convey misleading/wrong information when we make enquires about our application (which we are entitled to).

3. Some of them have bad manner probably due to too much workloads e.g. phone calls but they never thought it's their problem. They just thought we should just wait in darkness without knowing when this waiting will finish.

They can improve the current situation where both sides are unhappy by implementing the following:

1. Progress visualization. It explains the most wanted question "where am i at now" and why some applications lodged later than mine are processed earlier.

2. Timeline estimation. It tells us when we can expect a decision so arrangement can be made accordingly.

Technology wise, they are all doable. It all just comes down to if DIBP wants to do it....

Hi Guys,

best luck to all!

Congrats!!

Hi all fortune seekers,

I have taken an account here long time back was not posting anything, but visit almost everyday.

I love this society and your sharing.

I am tired of waiting for my visa, guys.

Nomination got approved on 11-05-2015

Don't know the date of visa application (Sponsor does it)

More docs asked by CO on 27-08-2015(done in a month)

Waiting for Medical request (sponsor/HR doesn't want me to do it without Immi request)

ENS. The sponsor doesn't provide my timeline, or 'Immi account' unfortunately, they say it's confidential and can not be shared with anyone.

I am in India and working here.

Can see anything strange, your sharing is appreciated!

thanks guys, they ask me lots of docs, such as police check, evidence of qualifications, CV, work reference, my MA did submit all of them except work reference when we applied the visa. guess they probably lost them due to upgraded their system. Anyway, all good now.

my occupation is a designer

be positive guys, you all will be next very soon

Ok... we are all good people doing thing in good faith. No one wants to complain if it's unnecessary. What a few people in DIBP (not all i'd say) behaved in our past interactions has showed some problem:

1. They change the Service Standard they promised to suit themselves, rather than changing themselves to keep commitments to their clients (us). (Can they?!)

2. They convey misleading/wrong information when we make enquires about our application (which we are entitled to).

3. Some of them have bad manner probably due to too much workloads e.g. phone calls but they never thought it's their problem. They just thought we should just wait in darkness without knowing when this waiting will finish.

They can improve the current situation where both sides are unhappy by implementing the following:

1. Progress visualization. It explains the most wanted question "where am i at now" and why some applications lodged later than mine are processed earlier.

2. Timeline estimation. It tells us when we can expect a decision so arrangement can be made accordingly.

Technology wise, they are all doable. It all just comes down to if DIBP wants to do it....

Totally agree! I believe we should get a bit more visibility. We did so many sacrifices to stay in this country and this lack of information can cause some serious issues with our lives/ plans. And I don't even have kids, so I can't imagine how tough it would be for parents in this situation... And MA honestly we pay them a lot of money for not much in the end. Cause once its lodged they can't do anything. They even refuse to call because they know it's useless. I've learned much more stuff by myself in this forum... Anyway there is nothing we can do as we are just migrants, and Australian don't care obviously (not concerned).