Hi,

Just a general question. Can I lodge my 186 employer nomination and visa application at the same time? Or do I have to wait for employer nomination to be approved first before I can proceed with visa application.

I see some replies here that showed visa & nomination lodged on the same day.

Hi,

Just a general question. Can I lodge my 186 employer nomination and visa application at the same time? Or do I have to wait for employer nomination to be approved first before I can proceed with visa application.

U can apply both at same time if ur 2 years duration is over on 457

I applied bothon same day

U can apply both at same time if ur 2 years duration is over on 457

I applied bothon same day

Totally different from what I read.

When I tried to apply online, I couldn't even proceed past the first step as they need the nomination approval number.

Next question is,

Does my dependant (wife) need to proof that she has functional English?

When I tried to apply online, I couldn't even proceed past the first step as they need the nomination approval number.

Next question is,

Hii

you must be apply nomination 1st and when you got TRN no. Then apply for visa and use nomination TRN no.

it will be on same day but nomination 1st.

wife english you can send when case officer required but ur must be on visa lodge time

read ens 186 visa checklist

best of luck

Edited by longwait

Next question is,

Yes my wife has had IELTS5.0. She needed to submit it when I lodged visa application.

if your wife doesn't have any proof, probably she need to pay.

Hi guys can I ask u another thing please. We contacted the m/a on Tuesday and ask for an update on our visa cause it's being processed for 8 months now. She told us that she emailed the immi department and we just need to wait for an answer now. It was on Tuesday and it's Friday tomorrow and it's no news. So the question is- how long should we wait until calling the m/a again about our situation? Thanks

Hi guys can I ask u another thing please. We contacted the m/a on Tuesday and ask for an update on our visa cause it's being processed for 8 months now. She told us that she emailed the immi department and we just need to wait for an answer now. It was on Tuesday and it's Friday tomorrow and it's no news. So the question is- how long should we wait until calling the m/a again about our situation? Thanks

Department take 5 working day for rep.

hope you get good rep. Soon

Hi,

hi

if u lodge visa file after nomination approved then its safe but ur waiting time clock start again.. meants its take double time for get visa

Yes, a minimum of functional English is required for dependents. Immigration asked me to send English language proof for my wife.

My timeline:

14 April: Nomination lodged

06 May: Visa application lodged

19 June: Medicals completed

22 July: Nomination approved

31 Aug: Additional information requested (including English proof), sent on the same day

Visa: waiting

Next question is,

Yes, a minimum of functional English is required for dependents. Immigration asked me to send English language proof for my wife.

My timeline:

14 April: Nomination lodged

06 May: Visa application lodged

19 June: Medicals completed

22 July: Nomination approved

31 Aug: Additional information requested (including English proof), sent on the same day

Visa: waiting

hi mate

my nomination approved today 3rd sept and they ask for dependent English which i do not have and i have to pay but they did not sent me invoice.

my MA said he already requested for invoice but haven't heard...

they did not asked for any other extra document...

Yeah, we just have to wait. But, try contacting your MA again after a couple of days.

hi mate

my nomination approved today 3rd sept and they ask for dependent English which i do not have and i have to pay but they did not sent me invoice.

my MA said he already requested for invoice but haven't heard...

they did not asked for any other extra document...

I could be wrong, but based on visa trends i feel like they pick up "months" from half way onwards. So I think they will be finishing up mid april to mid may now... and next week or week after they will start mid may to mid june.

Ive just been keeping an eye on this forum for months now and that seems to be the trend. We may start to see June applications being approved next week or the week after.

I could be wrong, but based on visa trends i feel like they pick up "months" from half way onwards. So I think they will be finishing up mid april to mid may now... and next week or week after they will start mid may to mid june.

Ive just been keeping an eye on this forum for months now and that seems to be the trend. We may start to see June applications being approved next week or the week after.

I hope you're right on that one!!

yes even I realised this.