Aged parents but cannot apply for Aged CPV?

amsaini15

Hi 
  My parents have been granted (feb 17) Visitor visa (subclass 600).  They are currently outside Australia.
I plan to apply for Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 884) or Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Subclass 864) for them .

Visitor Visa has 8503 - NO FURTHER STAY condition which will not allow me to apply for Subclass 884/864 visa when they are onshore and Subclass 884 visa says "You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa that has a ‘No further stay’ condition."
Subclass 864 says "You must be in Australia at the time you apply for this visa. You can only apply if your temporary visa allows you to apply for another visa while you are in Australia. "

Does this mean I cannot apply for Subclass 884/864 for my parents at all? Why is that so? They are 69/68 years old and falls under Aged category. Thanks

Is my only option under Contributory visa is subclass 173/143 as they can be applied offshore? I think I am looking at 32 Months wait period for 173 if I go that path. Thanks

2nd Question - If I apply for subclass 173, will that cancel their Tourist Visa (subclass 600) How can they come to meet us in Australia while they are waiting for their subclass 173 visa outcome? Thanks

Thanks
Aman
Edited by amsaini15
another question added

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

In brief, an 8503 condition means they can't apply for a visa while they are in Australia.

Lodging an application for a visa doesn't cancel an already granted visa.

Best regards.

Thanks Alan for your reply. Does this mean that my parents can still come and go under Tourist Visa (600) while it take 2 1/2 - 3 years to settle subclass 173 CPV?  I was thinking applying for new visa cancels existing visa. Thanks

• 1 year later...
On ‎09‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 16:26, amsaini15 said:
Hi 
  My parents have been granted (feb 17) Visitor visa (subclass 600).  They are currently outside Australia.
I plan to apply for Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 884) or Contributory Aged Parent (Residence) (Subclass 864) for them .

Visitor Visa has 8503 - NO FURTHER STAY condition which will not allow me to apply for Subclass 884/864 visa when they are onshore and Subclass 884 visa says "You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa that has a ‘No further stay’ condition."
Subclass 864 says "You must be in Australia at the time you apply for this visa. You can only apply if your temporary visa allows you to apply for another visa while you are in Australia. "

Does this mean I cannot apply for Subclass 884/864 for my parents at all? Why is that so? They are 69/68 years old and falls under Aged category. Thanks

Is my only option under Contributory visa is subclass 173/143 as they can be applied offshore? I think I am looking at 32 Months wait period for 173 if I go that path. Thanks

2nd Question - If I apply for subclass 173, will that cancel their Tourist Visa (subclass 600) How can they come to meet us in Australia while they are waiting for their subclass 173 visa outcome? Thanks

Thanks
Aman

Why not get them e-visitor visas and then apply for 864 visa when they are in Oz (do it within 3 months as e-visitor only valid for 3 mnth stay).  It worked for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Alan, Aman

I am from India. My sister is in AUS and brother in US. Both are citizens of those countries. I have applied for AUS PR and will be hopefully getting it by Jan. I stay with my mom (69 Yrs). I know I can pass the balance of family test only after I move to AUS and only then we can apply for her Contributory visa. 

I keep seeing that 600 visitors VISA wont allow for 864. My questions are:

1) Is there any Visa I can apply for so that I can get her to AUS and then apply for Contributory Visa along with BVA or BVB?

2) If option 1 is not possible, then what is the best way to apply for Contributory Visa such that she gets to spend maximum time in AUS with us till the VISA is granted? We don't want her to stay alone in India at 69.

Thanks,

Vinay.

It is most unwise to make known on a public forum bringing a parent to Australia with the known intention of applying for a permanent residency visa.

You should understand that moving to Australia may result in you being apart from your mother for a period of some years.

Best regards.

12 hours ago, Vin100 said:

Hi, Alan, Aman

I am from India. My sister is in AUS and brother in US. Both are citizens of those countries. I have applied for AUS PR and will be hopefully getting it by Jan. I stay with my mom (69 Yrs). I know I can pass the balance of family test only after I move to AUS and only then we can apply for her Contributory visa. 

I keep seeing that 600 visitors VISA wont allow for 864. My questions are:

1) Is there any Visa I can apply for so that I can get her to AUS and then apply for Contributory Visa along with BVA or BVB?

2) If option 1 is not possible, then what is the best way to apply for Contributory Visa such that she gets to spend maximum time in AUS with us till the VISA is granted? We don't want her to stay alone in India at 69.

Thanks,

Vinay.

She could apply offshore and pop over for regular visits. Lying to Immigration about your intentions to be a tourist when that’s not what she is actually planning can result in a long ban after being turned around at the border. Alternatively you could stay with her in India until she no longer needs you. 

• Like 1