Sending OH to the front line!

Que Sera Sera

Hi its a rainy day here in South Glos and its got me thinking ahead and plotting. My Oh has banned me from talking to him about it because he reckons I am making his head spin!

Would it be a good idea to send Hubby out ahead of the family to sort things out. If he doesnt manage to secure a job before we go and even if he does it all depends on him really. It would be cheaper for him to go out alone and rent a room while he looks for a job or if he has a job to look for a house for us.

I could pack up house here and then bring the children when he has found us a house. Do you think that would work or are there problems with that Visa wise?:spinny:

Guest Jaynie

I'm not sure about the Visa situation, on the whole I think it's a good idea, but if he is the main applicant you might have to enter the country together, somebody will put me right on this situation, but that's what I think has to happen.

Guest julie2g1b

hi there

im affaid you all have to go to validate visa which we are going to have to do and it is

money we have not got, would be so much cheaper and easier if it was the main app

so do as much research as you can over here till you have either sold your house then

go together if not sold then looks like a holiday

julie :wubclub:

I'm not sure about the Visa situation, on the whole I think it's a good idea, but if he is the main applicant you might have to enter the country together, somebody will put me right on this situation, but that's what I think has to happen.

We have no idea where we are going to end up at the moment does entirerly depend on when Hubby gets jub. I had been checking out Gosford and it looks beuatiful. I noticed you are already there. Whats it like are you enjoying it?

Guest Jaynie
We have no idea where we are going to end up at the moment does entirerly depend on when Hubby gets jub. I had been checking out Gosford and it looks beuatiful. I noticed you are already there. Whats it like are you enjoying it?

Hi Catherine,

I have lived here for 15yrs and it is a lovely part of Australia, loads of local beaches, not too busy like a City, handy to pop into Sydney, well one and a half hrs on the train if you call that handy, never really go there to be honest with you. Plenty of shopping malls, locals are friendly, schools/hospitals plentiful

Hubby and I both work locally so that's a big plus for us, we came over on holiday in 91 and that's when we decided to apply to migrate. Never looked back to be honest. A lot of Sydneysiders are moving up here now to escape the rat race, so property prices have increased although they are pretty much stagnant at the moment.

It's central that if you get a job in Sydney CBD you can commute and also if you have to travel to Newcastle, both pretty much the same travelling difference.

If you want beachside homes there are loads to choose from, we live in Wyoming so it's about 20mins to nearest beach and consequently cheaper to buy here.

If I can help you with any more details please feel free to ask, also Stuju lives on the coast so she's always a big help too.:jiggy:

Thanks for that Jaynie I have been having another ong look and the rentals seem really reasonale.I live in a village at the moment so I really would not like to live in a big city so it seems just right to me. My husband is a CNC machinist/Toolmaker is there any sort of metal industry near say within an hour commute. I will try my hand to anything but would prefer local and part time.

Guest Jaynie
Thanks for that Jaynie I have been having another ong look and the rentals seem really reasonale.I live in a village at the moment so I really would not like to live in a big city so it seems just right to me. My husband is a CNC machinist/Toolmaker is there any sort of metal industry near say within an hour commute. I will try my hand to anything but would prefer local and part time.

Hi Catherine,

There is a small industrial estate in Gosford, not sure whether it has what you are looking for, but I am sure within an hour commute there would be something for Hubbie. If you will try anything, you would get something part time and local, if you like somewhere a little more rural, try looking at Matcham or parts of Somersby, they have acreage and still accessible to beaches/shopping/schools etc., just bigger spaces between the houses! Matcham is my favourite place though, very tranquil and sits in the middle of beaches shopping but very unspoilt area, we love driving through there and the houses are fantastic. Bell birds in the trees..........Ahhh Bliss.:yes:

hi catherine , we are going to oz on my oh 's job snap cnc/ turner metal machinist, any way we took ages trying to find his job over there only to find out its under manufacturing/operations... how we were supposed to know that , any way you may do , but just in case, all the best!

hi catherine , we are going to oz on my oh 's job snap cnc/ turner metal machinist, any way we took ages trying to find his job over there only to find out its under manufacturing/operations... how we were supposed to know that , any way you may do , but just in case, all the best!

Oh thanks for that no I didnt. I was just typing in CNC and seeing what came up. Thanks for the advice!:notworthy:

Archived