187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Business can run on full time bit you still on student visa so you not allow to work more than 20 hrs a week .that's reason they want to check if you work on your bisa conditions. How ypur business organise if you work 20 hrs is tthere any one wprk full time aswell on work place

I am also on student visa..i applied as pastry cook..and business is 7-8 years old..i work 20 hours as per my student visa condition..

its been almost one month but havent heard anything so far from them..hope for best..so far no request for any documents..

if they needed any docs they must had asked for it by now..its been 4-5 weeks..i think by now should get some decision..no idea whats hapoening..immigration is so confusing and always keeps you guessing...any comments from Zoya??need lots of encouragement at the moment..????

if they needed any docs they must had asked for it by now..its been 4-5 weeks..i think by now should get some decision..no idea whats hapoening..immigration is so confusing and always keeps you guessing...any comments from Zoya??need lots of encouragement at the moment..[emoji1317][emoji1317]

Ā 

DIBP visited your working place that shouldn't be any surprise as they can visit anywhere . There are few applicants who have been visited by department. It doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about . Now 187 applications are taking between 7-8 months so you have to wait for outcome . All the best [emoji846]

Good Morning !!

Ā 

Alright Fellows another day with lots of hopes . If you are waiting since August, September, October, Please Keep your morale high as good things are going to happen today , tomorrow or in few days. All the best for rest of the day [emoji846]

Business can run on full time bit you still on student visa so you not allow to work more than 20 hrs a week .that's reason they want to check if you work on your bisa conditions. How ypur business organise if you work 20 hrs is tthere any one wprk full time aswell on work place

Ā 

Thanks business was operating full time till feb2016 but bcoz its hair salon full time hairdresser left and employer couldn't find any yet although we have proof of advertisements to tell them.so business is not operating full time at the moment can it make any affect to my file

my timeline is rcb approved 3/11/15

nomi and visa 12/11/15

nearly 5 months

occupation hairdresser

in sa

If it is a new business what is a requirement to sponsor as in this business I m the only person working part time does it has to be operating full time with minimum turnover? Please any suggestions appreciated thanks

Ā 

From the DIBP website:

"You can nominate a skilled worker for this visa if:

Ā 

• you actively and lawfully operate a business in regional Australia (regional Australia does not include the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne)

• you have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position

• you offer a skilled position in the applicant's field that is full time and ongoing for at least two years

• you pay a market salary rate

• you comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws

• there is no adverse information known about your business or any person associated with your business."

Ā 

Ā 

So they need to offer you a full-time position for at least 2 years in order to sponsor you.

Hello all again,

Ā 

heavy sigh, 198 days and no signs. MA says wait - you would think they could chase up the status after the 6 month mark.

Ā 

226 days since application, 38 days after submitting additional documents. Nothing else we can do except Wait [emoji846]

Edited by Zoya Khan

From the DIBP website:

"You can nominate a skilled worker for this visa if:

Ā 

• you actively and lawfully operate a business in regional Australia (regional Australia does not include the Gold Coast, Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong or Melbourne)

• you have a genuine need for a paid employee to fill a skilled position

• you offer a skilled position in the applicant's field that is full time and ongoing for at least two years

• you pay a market salary rate

• you comply with Australian immigration and workplace relations laws

• there is no adverse information known about your business or any person associated with your business."

Ā 

Ā 

So they need to offer you a full-time position for at least 2 years in order to sponsor you.

Thanks Maggie I have read through this and my employer is ready to offer me full time position for 2 years as well but will it affact to my file now if business is only operating part time?

there is no adverse information known about your business or any person associated with your business."

Ā 

Ā 

What that means i didn't get ?.could anyone explain to me

Thanks

Ā 

Don't worry.. There is no any kind of negative information against your nominator nominator business

Thanks Maggie I have read through this and my employer is ready to offer me full time position for 2 years as well but will it affact to my file now if business is only operating part time?

Ā 

I don't know what is full time or part time business but as long as your employer is happy to pay you the minimum salary of Australian market and offer you to work full time means 38 hours a week..you would be fine.

225 days since nomination and application and haven't heard anything from Immi :(

Ā 

226 days since application, 38 days after submitting additional documents. Nothing else we can do except Wait . This process is taking over 8 months , DIBP should review the processing time table and change it to 8 months or 1 year . Honestly stress & frustrated [emoji52]