187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

wow just got email from my MA that my visa is granted. what a relief after a long wait.

NSW PESE

LR Country

visa applied after nomi. approved on 20-aug-2015

documents requested :- 15 march 2016

submitted on 31-march 2016

VISA Granted - today 29-april 2016

Congratulations ???

wow just got email from my MA that my visa is granted. what a relief after a long wait.

NSW PESE

LR Country

Ā 

Congrats

Just a request: if you are a 187 applicant and haven't already added your timeline to the spreadsheet, please consider doing so (even if you're not a PIO member). The more profiles we have, the better we'll all be able to get an idea of the bigger picture of who's getting grants and when.

Ā 

Adding is easy of you are on a desktop/laptop or tablet: simply click on the link for the spreadsheet in my signature below, go to the relevant month tab (at the bottom) for your application, and add your details according to the column headings.

Ā 

Please add your own details if you can. If you have tried and are having difficulties, then give your details on this thread. In that case, include details of stream (direct/ transition/ agreement), low-risk or high risk country, no. of applicants, nominated occupation, date of application for both nomination and visa, and any contact that you've had from DIBP.

Ā 

Thank you for your help. All the best if, like me, you're still waiting for your grant.

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you JonOrge. I really think everyone should be on the spreadsheet too ā˜ŗļø

NSW PESE

LR Country

Ā 

happy for you mate:yes::wub::cute:

Hello everyone,

Ā 

I hope someone can tell me whether the following is true: in order for a company to sponsor someone with the RSMS, the company has to have been trading for at least 6 months before sponsoring.

Ā 

Context:

An Australian friend wants to open a restaurant in Perth - I'm French and we met years ago while he was on a trip in Europe. He would like to sponsor me to come manage his restaurant in Perth, with the 187 (I'm a highly qualified restaurant/hotel manager). He says that his migration agent told him that in order for him to sponsor me, we have to wait for the newly established company that owns the restaurant to trade for at least 6 months. This means that I cannot expect to be there for at least 1 year after the restaurant opens if I apply from overseas (6 months trading + 6 months processing at least).

Ā 

I cannot find reference of these famous 6 months anywhere, in the border.gov site the requirement only says you can sponsor if "you actively and lawfully operate a business in regional Australia".

Ā 

Does anyone have insight on this? These 6 months could be a deal-breaker and I can't find reference to them anywhere...

Ā 

Thanks a lot, hope to hear from someone soon :)

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

John

Hi mate,

Ā 

Yes it is true that business should be actively operating for a period of at least six months before lodging a nomination. Here is a link of Employer Sponsored Migration booklet by Immigration Dept, where you can find required info on page 13 as well as all other info regarding to 187 RSMS visa procedure.

Ā 

https://www.cciq.com.au/assets/Documents/International/1131-Book-5-new.pdf

Ā 

Regards.

Hello everyone,

Ā 

I hope someone can tell me whether the following is true: in order for a company to sponsor someone with the RSMS, the company has to have been trading for at least 6 months before sponsoring.

Ā 

Context:

An Australian friend wants to open a restaurant in Perth - I'm French and we met years ago while he was on a trip in Europe. He would like to sponsor me to come manage his restaurant in Perth, with the 187 (I'm a highly qualified restaurant/hotel manager). He says that his migration agent told him that in order for him to sponsor me, we have to wait for the newly established company that owns the restaurant to trade for at least 6 months. This means that I cannot expect to be there for at least 1 year after the restaurant opens if I apply from overseas (6 months trading + 6 months processing at least).

Ā 

I cannot find reference of these famous 6 months anywhere, in the border.gov site the requirement only says you can sponsor if "you actively and lawfully operate a business in regional Australia".

Ā 

Does anyone have insight on this? These 6 months could be a deal-breaker and I can't find reference to them anywhere...

Ā 

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

John

Ā 

Hi mate.. I would recommend that you should apply your 457 visa first because this visa needs only 3 months old business and you will get it within 1-2 months then after arriving in Australia you should apply your 187 visa after the 6 months of business operation. This process will bring you in Australia within the 5-6 months in Australia instead of one year

Hello everyone,

Ā 

Ā 

Context:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Cheers

Ā 

John

As far as I know it's not true. It was the condition bit earlier but immigration has removed this condition.

my sponsor is a clinic in which there are not Australian citizens or permanent. there are only one more massage therapist other than me. now, i have found out that in the criteria my employer had to train the employees. is it true?

Program and stream specific criteria

Direct Entry stream

In addition to the common criteria, Direct Entry stream nominations will also be assessed against the

following criteria.

For ENS

A

ā€¢ nominating employers will need to prove that they provide training to Australians.

If your business has been operating in Australia for 12 months or more, you must be able to demonstrate

that you meet the prescribed benchmark for the training of Australian citizens or Australian permanent

residents. If your business has been operating for less than 12 months, you must be able to demonstrate

that you have an auditable plan to meet this training benchmark

Ā 

Please don't forget to update your status in the spreadsheet once documents have been requested or any grants received ā˜ŗļø

Ā 

Does anyone one know how to make your signature?

Ā 

Lee jake, ironman666 and Karamjit, have you heard anything yet? Thinking of you on this long wait

Ā 

Norman Sossi surely your employer would have provided documents to prove they are meeting the training benchmark as your nomination was granted so I wouldn't worry. If anyone else thinks different please comment ā˜ŗļø

Please don't forget to update your status in the spreadsheet once documents have been requested or any grants received ā˜ŗļø

Ā 

Ā 

Lee jake, ironman666 and Karamjit, have you heard anything yet? Thinking of you on this long wait

Ā 

Norman Sossi surely your employer would have provided documents to prove they are meeting the training benchmark as your nomination was granted so I wouldn't worry. If anyone else thinks different please comment ā˜ŗļø

no updates nothing yet....

Please don't forget to update your status in the spreadsheet once documents have been requested or any grants received [emoji5]

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Norman Sossi surely your employer would have provided documents to prove they are meeting the training benchmark as your nomination was granted so I wouldn't worry. If anyone else thinks different please comment [emoji5]

Ā 

Nothing yet mate.....this wait is killing us all

Havw you been requested any documents yet?

Ā 

You must have a case officer, they probably just havent opened your file yet so it could be any day now [emoji5]

Ā 

I should have a CO.....however....I submitted everything when I lodged my application......my NPC was expired 3 weeks ago and I submitted the new one before they asked for it.....and nothing yet....could be any day now