Ozzy Education Some Good News!

Que Sera Sera

My daughter when, 15 decided to go to Australia to be with her Father who had emigrated a few years earlier. It broke my heart but I let her go because I knew she really wanted to do it.

In England she was struggling to be average. We live out of the city and our local school has a really good reputation but she was struggling.

Anyway 2 years later. She is now 17 just passed her driving test 1st time and she is now a straight A student!!. I think this may have something to do with the fact the Australians are a year behind us education wise, and that gave her the oportunity to repeat a year. I really did not want her to go but I am so relieved I did and now we are (hopefully) going there too.

I just wanted to share this with you as I know a few will be worrying about the education system. Also she started in Perth, They then moved to Brisbane so obviously its not an area thing! I am happy x:yes:

Guest kdal

Happy I bet your real proud !! It's not just that the school is good it is that your daughter wanted this and made it happen, what a bright young lady.

Oh and if you dont mind pm'ing me with the school, as we are of to Brisbane hopefully soon as can

Thanks Kimx

Guest mandy1

Hi

Thanks for that, really pleased for your daughter. We've been here 4 month and too be honest the education system is different to the UK its a lot more relaxed and not so 'exam' orientated which does take some getting used to.

Mandy x

Archived