Are there any occupations that do not require work experience in order to pass the skills assessment?

chris63863

I would like to go back to Australia to study management(advanced diploma level) but VETASSES requires at least 1 year of work experience as a manager post qualification to pass a skills assessment.I'm not sure how I would be able to gain work experience as a manager during or after my studies.I already have a business diploma from Australia but as I don't have any managerial experience,I don't see how someone would hire me as a manager during/after my future studies.
Plus my country doesn't have a working holiday visa agreement with Australia so it's not like I could stay in the country after my studies to gain experience.Thanks.

28 minutes ago, wrussell said:

Forget management. AIM would fail Bill Gates on a skills assessment.

Accountants and some Engineers need no work experience to apply, but without it they have no hope of meeting the required points score.

Thanks for your reply.

Darn...And I have an inclination towards management...Is VETASSESS the same?

I think most occupations require work experience for the skills assessment.I'm wondering how us in our early 20's will gain work experience in Australia after our qualifications in the first place?

On 07/10/2018 at 01:00, chris63863 said:

I would like to go back to Australia to study management(advanced diploma level) but VETASSES requires at least 1 year of work experience as a manager post qualification to pass a skills assessment.I'm not sure how I would be able to gain work experience as a manager during or after my studies.I already have a business diploma from Australia but as I don't have any managerial experience,I don't see how someone would hire me as a manager during/after my future studies.
Plus my country doesn't have a working holiday visa agreement with Australia so it's not like I could stay in the country after my studies to gain experience.Thanks.

What occupation were you looking to get assessed under by Vetassess with an Advanced Diploma qualification?

6 hours ago, chris63863 said:

I'm not sure yet but I'm thinking about customer service manager.

This is an occupation with very limited visa options. 

For a skills assessment you would need at least 1 year of post qualification experience.

You should probably reconsider your visa strategy, depending on your goal.

1 minute ago, Raul Senise said:

This is an occupation with very limited visa options. 

For a skills assessment you would need at least 1 year of post qualification experience.

You should probably reconsider your visa strategy, depending on your goal.

Most occupations in fields with many visa options do not interest me though f.e.engineering or also have limited visa options.

From what I've understood they value work experience a lot in order to get a visa and that's what I find the hardest.

Seeing you are a migration agent,do you think an agent could help me with my visa strategy or is that something I have to plan for myself since I have to choose what I like etc?

3 hours ago, chris63863 said:

Most occupations in fields with many visa options do not interest me though f.e.engineering or also have limited visa options.

From what I've understood they value work experience a lot in order to get a visa and that's what I find the hardest.

Seeing you are a migration agent,do you think an agent could help me with my visa strategy or is that something I have to plan for myself since I have to choose what I like etc?

An Agent can give you some guidance, but will not be able to guarantee a visa strategy which is so far in the future.

The Government is actively discouraging "course shopping" for visa outcomes. 

• Like 1

so is this effect to my application

No,,,,,,,,,,,

There might have been unstated reasons (possibly the public interest criteria - charterer and medical) that could have led to a visa refusal that could affect a current application, so if you are in doubt about this you perhaps should consult a registered migration agent.