2nd year visa abn

Azza6911

Hi. I'm wondering if my partner who's Australian was to set up a general bricklaying and labouring company in her name. And then employ me, all legally of course. I do the work. And then get paid as an employee. Would that count for my 88 days? 

I'm a qualified bricklayer.. but really struggling to find a company to take me on. So would this route be acceptable to immigration? 

Thanks for your help guys 

I've been offered plenty of work self employed to do work.. just not companies. I'm not allowed an abn myself due to being on a WHV. And to do the work requires the correct legal paperwork.

AJ. Yes, Construction work and house renovations including brickwork is allowed towards 2nd year visa. And I'm I'm the correct postal code for it also 

2 hours ago, Azza6911 said:

I've been offered plenty of work self employed to do work.. just not companies. I'm not allowed an abn myself due to being on a WHV. And to do the work requires the correct legal paperwork.

AJ. Yes, Construction work and house renovations including brickwork is allowed towards 2nd year visa. And I'm I'm the correct postal code for it also 

You certainly are allowed an ABN on a WHV, it’s very common

Edited by Marisawright

https://lawpath.com.au/blog/abn-working-holiday-visa

You would need to do your occupational health and safety training whether you're working for yourself or your girlfriend.

I have no idea whether there are any licensing requirements to be a bricklayer in whatever state you're in - but if bricklayers do need to be licensed, it would be the same whoever you work for. 

Same with insurance - if the employer expects you to have your own insurance, then your girlfriend's company would need to supply that insurance so it will cost the same.

Edited by Marisawright