Has the savings amount changed for spouse visa?

Jemvin

1 hour ago, Jemvin said:

I thought the savings amount for a uk spouse visa was £65,000 I can only findit saying online  £16,000 can someone confirm if this is correct that it has changed?? 

Don't know where £16,000 comes from. The figure is currently £62,500

Wow I didnt know about this, but dones some googling and it seems like it varies based on whether you have any income:

In practice, therefore, when applying for temporary leave as a partner:

• £62,500 in cash savings is required if no other income sources are being used to meet the income requirement: (62,500-16,000) / 2.5 = 18,600

• £17,500 in cash savings is required if the sponsor’s income is £18,000, in order to make up the £600 shortfall: (17,500-16,000) / 2.5 = 60017

Hopefully this helps.

http://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/SN06724/SN06724.pdf

The last I heard if you don’t have the savings you need a combined income of £18.600,  more if you are including children who are not already British citizens or have indefinite leave to remain. This is for spouses who are not EU citizens, although with the whole Brexit nightmare Spouses who are EU nationals will most likely have to meet the same criteria in the future unless some arrangement is made

On 14/10/2018 at 17:27, Nemesis said:

Don't know where £16,000 comes from. The figure is currently £62,500

Yeah I thought so too but when I was on the info page of the application it didn’t state that figure if £65,000 anywhere like I saw in the past

• 4 weeks later...

I just saw this post.  I know it's old but I believe you're still in the process of applying?

What it means is, if you're trying to put together the financial requirement, you can use a combination of any of those things.  However, if you've got four different savings accounts, each with a few thousand in them, you can't count them towards the total.  Only a bank account with more than 16,000 can be included.

29 minutes ago, Jemvin said:

Ok thanks we do have in one account so that’s a relief.  Even during the application it doesn’t say anywhere even on tbthe appendix form that we neeed £65,000 

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/636618/Appendix_FM_1_7_Financial_Requirement_Final.pdf

See table on page 48