Additional Applicant added after lodging - offshore

Gregoire_FR

Hello,

My partner has received her invitation to apply for the 189 visa. She will lodge the application onshore and get the bridging visa. I'd like to know whether, if she adds me later on to her application, i will be able to get a bridging visa (say if im under a tourist visa) ? Or do you think regardless of my location onshore or offshore, because i am adding my application to hers after it has been lodged, i will have to wait grant to have the 189 ?

Thank you in advance for your help !

2 hours ago, Gregoire_FR said:

I should get 482 visa in the near future so we would only consider adding myself to original application if this doesnt go through.

You are aware that a 482 is a temp visa which may not result in anything more. If you were unable to gain PR later, you would either have to leav the country or apply for a partner visa. A partner visa is a LOT more expensive than being included in your partners PR. 

11 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

You are aware that a 482 is a temp visa which may not result in anything more. If you were unable to gain PR later, you would either have to leav the country or apply for a partner visa. A partner visa is a LOT more expensive than being included in your partners PR. 

Yup I have, thanks for the advice though!

Any idea whether adding my request for visa after lodging of main applicant's would result in me getting a bridging visa if I am onshore at the time?