AHPRA document for Accreditation requirements

AUB430

Hi everyone,

I'm about to apply for Ahpra and very confused about criterion 2 and 3 asking for professional body to write a letter about accreditation.

I'm a UK trained nurse and not sure who will write the letter. I know one will be from my university but the second one??? 

Thanks

Hi ya,

To meet criterion 2 and 3:

Your university needs to supply you/ or send a letter directly to AHPRA stating the following:

-the NMC reviewed/checked your nursing program while you were studying there/ at any point in the past 5 years 

-your university is registered (I.e.accredited)  by the NMC to teach the nursing degree

-the nursing program you completed is approved by the NMC for nurse registration 

hope this helps 🙂

Edited by PsychNurse
Typo

On 24/10/2018 at 22:54, PsychNurse said:

Hi ya,

To meet criterion 2 and 3:

Your university needs to supply you/ or send a letter directly to AHPRA stating the following:

-the NMC reviewed/checked your nursing program while you were studying there/ at any point in the past 5 years 

-your university is registered (I.e.accredited)  by the NMC to teach the nursing degree

-the nursing program you completed is approved by the NMC for nurse registration 

hope this helps 🙂

Thanks much for the response. I got confused by criterion 3 that states that professional body (probably NMC) needs to supply a letter about accreditation too. I will get my university to write just the one. Thanks much.

Hope you are enjoying OZ nursing.

3 hours ago, AUB430 said:

Thanks much for the response. I got confused by criterion 3 that states that professional body (probably NMC) needs to supply a letter about accreditation too. I will get my university to write just the one. Thanks much.

Hope you are enjoying OZ nursing.

Ask your university to give u a copy of a letter from the NMC confirming  get they are accredited

• Like 1

On 27/10/2018 at 18:32, AUB430 said:

Thanks much for the response. I got confused by criterion 3 ......

I think this gets cross referenced by AHPRA by virtue of:

1) the NMC register being public so they can always have a look to see if you are actually registered despite what your Uni says they taught/trained you...and the registration proving they are satisfied with how you were trained

2) your Uni sending them (AHPRA) your transcript...proving they taught/trained you

and

3) NMC sending them a COGS, at a cost to you, proving you are indeed fully registered and in good standing with them 

Edited by SWMOY04
spellings and context
  • Like 1