Visitor visa to Bridging visa

Dimple Karickel

I'm currently in Australia on visitor subclass 600 visa and pursuing ANMAC assessment under Registered Nurse(NEC). 

1. Can I raise EOI after my skill assessment in Australia. Is NEC recognised for state and regional nominations?(Points 60)

2. Is it better to do visa process on-shore or off-shore? As a nurse, I find it hard to be sponsored by an employer for a job. 

3. If I get bridging visa thru on-shore application, should I wait till end of my visitor visa(no work rights) to benefit from the bridging visa? 

1. Yes, assuming it is back prior to the eoi expiring

2. Generally, advice is to lodge off shore

3. Any bridging visa would automatically come into force at the end of your 600 visa. However, it would come with the same rights as the 600. So, no work rights. You would need to apply for that with no guarantee of being granted.

3 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

3. Any bridging visa would automatically come into force at the end of your 600 visa. However, it would come with the same rights as the 600. So, no work rights. You would need to apply for that with no guarantee of being granted.

Conditions on a bridging visa will depend on a number of factors.

In most cases when applying for a Skilled Independent Visa on shore, you will receive a bridging visa A with NIL conditions.