Remaining Relative Visa - what years are getting processed now?

RichieH

Sorry KyleL,

I don't know her Q date but I know she applied in Aug 2012. I assume the date you applied would be  yr Q date. Anyway, I will post updates on it to give you guys an indication of the timeline. 

• Thanks 1

They say

As at 30 September 2023, we have released the following applications for final processing:

• Remaining Relative visa applications with a queue date of up to 31 December 2012

My sis-in-law applied in Aug 2012 and her application wasn't released for final processing until last week July 2024. From 30 Sep 2023 to July 2024 that's almost a year.  

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Does this queue include "aged remaining relative, subclass 114/838"? What is the size of the queue and the numbers processed every year?

I'm sorry could not find any information on, historically if anyone has ever been granted an "aged parent" / "aged remaining relative" subclass after such long wait time?

10 hours ago, minisb23 said:

Does this queue include "aged remaining relative, subclass 114/838"? What is the size of the queue and the numbers processed every year?

The Australian government doesn't release official figures for that queue, so we don't know.  The last time I saw a figure quoted, the wait time was about 24 years.

10 hours ago, minisb23 said:

historically if anyone has ever been granted an "aged parent" / "aged remaining relative" subclass after such long wait time?

The reality is that if someone is old enough to qualify for an aged parent or aged remaining relative visa, they're unlikely to live long enough to get the visa. 

This is what the Australian government wants.  For political reasons, they are unable to delete these visas, but they don't want to accept aged migrants because they are a very expensive burden on the health system and aged care system. So they make it difficult/impossible.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Marisawright said:

The Australian government doesn't release official figures for that queue, so we don't know.  The last time I saw a figure quoted, the wait time was about 24 years.

The reality is that if someone is old enough to qualify for an aged parent or aged remaining relative visa, they're unlikely to live long enough to get the visa. 

This is what the Australian government wants.  For political reasons, they are unable to delete these visas, but they don't want to accept aged migrants because they are a very expensive burden on the health system and aged care system. So they make it difficult/impossible.

Thank you for the reply! It's unfair process to reassess the applicants health again after such a long wait of 25-30 years, which would have most likely detoriated. Whose parents would have perfect health to beat the system and get a visa at the age of 99. 😢