Wife Pregnant When 309/100 Visa Lodged

mhcornwall

Hi All.

I just wanted to check something, my wife (aussie) and myself (british) are applying for the 309/100 and my wife is current 5 months pregnant.

We are expecting the visa to be granted after the baby is born, but the query is do we need to declare the pregnancy? at the moment we don't have any dependants, but if the visa is granted after the baby is born, we would have one.
I know from looking in to citizenship, that the baby would automatically get aussie citizenship by descent if born over here.

we just want to get everything in order and declared so there isn't any additional delays. 

Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Marc

4 hours ago, mhcornwall said:

Hi All.

I just wanted to check something, my wife (aussie) and myself (british) are applying for the 309/100 and my wife is current 5 months pregnant.

We are expecting the visa to be granted after the baby is born, but the query is do we need to declare the pregnancy? at the moment we don't have any dependants, but if the visa is granted after the baby is born, we would have one.
I know from looking in to citizenship, that the baby would automatically get aussie citizenship by descent if born over here.

we just want to get everything in order and declared so there isn't any additional delays. 

Any help or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Marc

If she has to get an x ray, she's not going to do that until after the baby is born so that could delay things. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JetBlast said:
39 minutes ago, Quoll said:
If she has to get an x ray, she's not going to do that until after the baby is born so that could delay things. 

The partner is Australian so probably won't need a medical.

Ah, of course! Need to read betterer! 

she shouldn't need to have a medical. From looking in to it, the only evidence specific to just my wife will be her police checks. She was left PNG 8 years ago after working there. So that will be fun trying to get the police check from there

Oh yeah, good luck with that one! PNG have never been known for their speediness or efficiency!

just read the timelines for that and 4 months for 90% of applications which is pretty decent. guessing that would take us up to the time when we would think about moving over there.

wonder if anyone has been in this situation if or how the pregnancy would be declared and if it would have any impact, positively or negatively on the decision or time it takes from being assigned to a case officer