FIRST TIME BUYER IN WESTERN AUSTRALIA

Aussiebird

Hello,

Can anyone tell me please what is roughly involved in buying our first property?

We are hoping to buy and not have a mortgage as we will be selling our UK property.

I would like to know what fees are paid etc.....how long does a sale take in Western Australia in general? Is it weeks or months.....

Just need to get a rough idea so we know what to expect.

Many thanks in advance.

Xxx

Edited by Aussiebird

5 hours ago, Aussiebird said:

Hello,

Can anyone tell me please what is roughly involved in buying our first property?

We are hoping to buy and not have a mortgage as we will be selling our UK property.

I would like to know what fees are paid etc.....how long does a sale take in Western Australia in general? Is it weeks or months.....

Just need to get a rough idea so we know what to expect.

Many thanks in advance.

Xxx

Less than a month isn't unusual.

I'm out of touch with fees - been a while since I've bought in Perth.

It is a buyers market at the moment. and has been for several years. So you may get a bargain.Don't be shy at offering low, although obviously not everyone needs to sell, and many people still think their house is worth it's highest valuation.

Don't buy next to state housing (often having a single rather than double is a good sign)

Did you have any areas in mind?

37 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Hi newjez,

Thank you for your reply.

We will be looking from secret harbour, down towards halls head areas, hopefully beach side.

I'm more a north of the river person, but it is quite popular around secret harbour. Have a good look round to get a sense of value, and don't be scared to offer low. All they can do is turn it down.