Form a not for profit organisation

Indianinoz

Hello,

I'm looking to form a not for profit organisation and raise money for a particular project. I'm looking for a not profit organisation which assists in formation and free legal advice for organisations like these. I do not wish to go to a commercial accountant/lawyer for this purpose. Can you please help me?

Justice Connect - The closest I've come to an organisation like this is Justice Connect but I'm not sure what it actually does.

Justice Connect is a legal firm which offers free advice

48 minutes ago, Toots said:

I don't really know exactly what your are looking for but try this:

https://www.incorporate.com/starting-a-business/nonprofit-corporation

That's for America.   

I believe the rules for non-profits vary a bit from state to state.  Justice Connect is a legal firm which provides free advice and support to not-for-profit entities. It has a good reputation.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Justice Connect is a legal firm which offers free advice

I believe the rules for non-profits vary a bit from state to state.  Justice Connect is a legal firm which provides free advice and support to not-for-profit entities. It has a good reputation.

Thanks, it seems it is very difficult if not impossible to reach a LIVE person at Justice Connect, at least at the moment. Do you know of any other such organization? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Thanks, it seems it is very difficult if not impossible to reach a LIVE person at Justice Connect, at least at the moment. Do you know of any other such organization? Thanks!

Why do you expect someone to help you for nothing?  How could they manage to pay their staff if customers never pay anything?  If you want a good service, be prepared to pay for it.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1