Logistics and operations manager

Andyroo

Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience of moving to Australia within the logistics/removals field?

I am currently 28 and looking to move to oz in the next year or so. I have 3 years of managing a removals branch covering the Yorkshire area, overseeing a fleet of 18 vehicles and 34 staff members. I have a CPC in International road haulage and a bachelors in Law. I also have a forklift (counterbalance) license and a 18t HGV license. 

Has anyone else with any of the similar experience above made a successful move across? If so do you have any tips, and how has your experience in the logistics field been? Has the work been similar to that of the uk’s?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Before you look at work, you need to see if you qualify for a visa. First,made if it is on the list, then see if you can pass the skills assessment. 

Hi verystormy,

That was a partial reason for posting this, to see if anyone has had an issues with any visa’s etc.

im pretty sure logistics management is included as a skill:

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/Product+Lookup/1220.0~2013,+Version+1.2~Chapter~UNIT+GROUP+1336+Supply,+Distribution+and+Procurement+Managers

The lists change (and the rules) so often, that you need to do some of your own checks. The first step is to look at the lists here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing

Depending on what list, if any, it is on, will determine what visa you may be able to apply for. Next to the occupation, it will state the assessing authority, you need to then go to the assessing authority web site to see what they require to give a positive skills assessment for that occupation. It will normally specify a combination of qualifications and experience. You should note, only experience gained after qualification is counted.

you then need to calculate your points. You need a minimum of 65 to proceed. However, the more points the better as you are in effect competing with other applicants. Most people at this stage realise they need to claim points for English, to do so requires taking an English exam such as ilets. 

Younmay also need to look at state sponsorship. If so, you need to see if any states are sponsoring the occupation and see if the state has imposed any special conditions such as high points or a job offer.