Living in NZ on Oz PR

benj1980

Speaking to a fellow Pom yesterday... Do we still have an entitlement to live in NZ if we have PR in Oz? I believe this was the case a few years ago? Is there a pathway to citizenship this way? Or was this a myth?! I'm not going anywhere I might add, my wife would kill me if I suggested moving again any time soon!

I was just looking this up today. It stated if you are a permanent resident in Australia you have the right to live and work in New Zealand.

What is not clear to me is if you move to NZ before you become an Australian citizen, could you return to Australia at a later date or would you need to apply for a resident return visa??

Edited by kmrg
Spelling

53 minutes ago, kmrg said:

I was just looking this up today. It stated if you are a permanent resident in Australia you have the right to live and work in New Zealand.

What is not clear to me is if you move to NZ before you become an Australian citizen, could you return to Australia at a later date or would you need to apply for a resident return visa??

If you leave Australia, and while you are abroad your travel facility expires, you will need to apply for a RRV to get back in - no matter where you are.

• Thanks 1