100 visa granted straight away?

Devonuk

I am Australian citizen and my husband is British. I have lived in the UK for 16 years and my husband and I have been married for 10 years, together for 17 years. We have 2 kids aged 8 and 5. Has anyone successfully been granted a 100 visa straight away without the 309 first? I am trying to get the PR for husbands work purposes before we move to oz. thanks x

You will get the 309 but it should be immediately followed by the 100. Provided you have produced all the evidence required. Don’t assume it is a rubber stamp, they will still expect you to evidence a long and continuing relationship. Simply being married isn’t enough they seem to be getting fussy.  Also note that processing time is getting longer. 

In your case you should qualify for the 100 straight away so you will get it immediately after the 309. If someone doesn’t qualify because they  haven’t been together long enoughyou have to wait the 2 years after the 309.

it is just a technical thing you have to have the 309 in order to get the 100

8 hours ago, Devonuk said:

great thank you. Will open up so many more doors job wise for my husband if he has PR from the beginning 

Do you think so?   I don't think most employers would be worried if he had a 309 visa.  I know it's temporary, but if the employer knows he's been married for some time with a child, they can feel pretty confident he'll transition smoothly to the 100 and they won't be worried about it.   

1 hour ago, Marisawright said:

Do you think so?   I don't think most employers would be worried if he had a 309 visa.  I know it's temporary, but if the employer knows he's been married for some time with a child, they can feel pretty confident he'll transition smoothly to the 100 and they won't be worried about it.   

There are a lot of jobs which require PR though, most local/state government jobs do for instance(Federal usually wants citizenship) and that word Permanent on the visa does matter sometimes.know, fought that batte many times, as did my OH - who was on a 309.

Edited by Nemesis

5 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

There are a lot of jobs which require PR though, most local/state government jobs do for instance(Federal usually wants citizenship) and that word Permanent on the visa does matter sometimes.know, fought that batte many times, as did my OH - who was on a 309.

Interesting.  I was aware of the citizenship requirement for Federal jobs and I have worked in places where they wanted people with permanent visas - but what that really meant was, they wouldn't hire people on WHV or 457 or bridging visas, i.e. people who would probably have to go home.  Funny that state governments won't take a Provisional visa holder when they offer Provisional visas themselves (489)!

21 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Interesting.  I was aware of the citizenship requirement for Federal jobs and I have worked in places where they wanted people with permanent visas - but what that really meant was, they wouldn't hire people on WHV or 457 or bridging visas, i.e. people who would probably have to go home.  Funny that state governments won't take a Provisional visa holder when they offer Provisional visas themselves (489)!

A lot of employers state that they will only hire PR, Australian citizens or NZ citizens.  It's not a legal requirement for the job, but I think simply that employers want the assurance that the person won't need to suddenly up and leave if their immigration situation isn't settled already.