UK medicals & police checks for Oz PR visa

I❤️??

Hi all, 

I’m hoping for an invite next round as I’ve jus increased my points to 75. Should I do medicals and police checks b4 applying? It says on their website they prefer us to do that. Also not sure about police checks as they say ‘you may be exempt from it if u have no criminal record’ 🤔

thanks

You do not need to do medical and police checks before applying. They have a validity of one year and if a visa is granted you must make first entry whilst they are valid. So if you do them now you must enter Australia before next January, you don’t have to settle but you must all validate your visas. 

Everyone over 16 must do a police check, no exemptions. 

No, wait till the case officer requests them. As rammygirl mentions, you must make first entry within 12 months of the medical or police check, which ever is earlier. The dept don't care if your processing gets delayed and it is 364 days after when you get a grant. At the same time, it doesn't speed up the process as they just in the background until the point the co would have requested them. 

• 2 months later...

hi guys,

i have a different query. I've been contacted by CO who requests police certificate for our eldest son who has been in UK for 3yrs. He came over when he was 15. I got him a police cert for UK but they want the one from the previous country Zimbabwe. I thought police cert is only needed from 16yrs old! Have they made an error?

6 hours ago, I❤️?? said:

But how do I contact them? There’s no email! You can only attach a letter with the query, but if I press ‘information provided’ they will think I’ve submitted PC and go on to assess 🙈

How do I contact my CO??

How did the CO contact you?