Dream back on??

Aussiebird

Hi all,

Me and the O/H have been talking again about where our future lies and i think it looks like as long as everything goes according to plan with his visa etc.....but there is one thing we need to be absolutely sure about as it is still a bit misunderstood about a RRV.

This is the scenario:

O/H is granted a 3 month RRV and we make the move to Australia within that time frame.

After the 3 months has passed, he has to drop everything (say 9 months later) and make an emergency flight back to UK because of a family bereavement. 

Knowing that his 3 month visa would have expired at this point, would he have to apply for another 3 month RRV whilst back in the UK for the bereavement so that he can go back to Australia? Due to the circumstances in the scenario, would he be granted the RRV straight away before going back to Australia?

He would have a job in Australia so if,  for example, he had to wait months for another RRV,  he could lose his job as he would be out of the country and waiting in the UK whilst waiting to be granted another RRV to get back to Australia!! Is this how it would work?

I cant see how this visa works especially when it comes to unexpected events that you have no control over and you have to leave the country because of a family  bereavement.

I also cannot find any information that explains processing times for each RRV that is applied for.

I know that after 2 years in Australia my O/H could apply for a 5 year RRV  if he had to go back to the UK for whatever reason, but i would strongly encourage him to apply for citizenship in the future.

Im really sorry if i keep asking about this visa but just need to be 100% sure about it, otherwise we would definitely have to think about another Partner Visa instead, that way he would get 5 years on it.

Thanks in advance. 

Xx

I’m no expert but if he had moved back on the 3 month RRV, got a job, house, children in school etc he might well get a 1 year RRV as he has ties to Australia. He doesn’t have to wait to be out of the country to apply. He could apply asap after the 3 month RRV expired and then again after the next RRV expired so he always has one. Eventually he’ll get longer lengths of time on them and will need to reapply less often until he can get his Aussie passport. It’s just that you have to keep paying for them but cheaper than a whole new visa.

How exciting! Good luck!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Amber Snowball said:

I’m no expert but if he had moved back on the 3 month RRV, got a job, house, children in school etc he might well get a 1 year RRV as he has ties to Australia. He doesn’t have to wait to be out of the country to apply. He could apply asap after the 3 month RRV expired and then again after the next RRV expired so he always has one. Eventually he’ll get longer lengths of time on them and will need to reapply less often until he can get his Aussie passport. It’s just that you have to keep paying for them but cheaper than a whole new visa.

How exciting! Good luck!

Thank you so much. We had just discussed axactly what you said. However, i have just put a new post on again as just read something very important (if you want to read it)

Thanks for your reply! 

Xx

I am just going to ask, based on your previous comments, are you sure he is actually 100% for this, or have you been "persuading" him into it?

If the later, I would be VERY careful. I have been on the forum a long time and seen many cases of this. It often ends in disaster. The party who didn't want to move, moves and every little thing that goes wrong, they project first to the country, then that quickly becomes, "but he / she brought me here" that quickly becomes it's all their fault. The divorce isn't far behind. Usually a very very nasty divorce. 

Think long and hard if he really wants to do this. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

I am just going to ask, based on your previous comments, are you sure he is actually 100% for this, or have you been "persuading" him into it?

If the later, I would be VERY careful. I have been on the forum a long time and seen many cases of this. It often ends in disaster. The party who didn't want to move, moves and every little thing that goes wrong, they project first to the country, then that quickly becomes, "but he / she brought me here" that quickly becomes it's all their fault. The divorce isn't far behind. Usually a very very nasty divorce. 

Think long and hard if he really wants to do this. 

He is happy to make the move as long as the visa process is understood 100%.

He has also confirmed he will want to apply for citizenship as once we make the move he said we will not be moving back. Until his parents are sadly no longer with us, then he insists on visiting them once a year.

I cant argue with that.

12 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

He is happy to make the move as long as the visa process is understood 100%.

He has also confirmed he will want to apply for citizenship as once we make the move he said we will not be moving back. Until his parents are sadly no longer with us, then he insists on visiting them once a year.

I cant argue with that.

Seems reasonable.