Only English speaking country in the worlds top 10 healthiest countries is?

Sandgroper

1 hour ago, Sandgroper said:

Well obviously its Australia, not surprised the UK was down the list......

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-24/spain-tops-italy-as-world-s-healthiest-nation-while-u-s-slips

I see New Zealand is only 18th too.  Tbf it looks like there are only minor differences.

Speaking for myself I certainly ‘feel’ healthier now.  Open space, more fresh air etc.  i eat much the same as I did in the UK - perhaps over the year a few more salads, more grilled meats etc on the bbq, and fewer roasts - but otherwise still have stir frys, curries, pasta, pizzas home made as before.

5 hours ago, Gbye grey sky said:

I see New Zealand is only 18th too.  Tbf it looks like there are only minor differences.

Speaking for myself I certainly ‘feel’ healthier now.  Open space, more fresh air etc.  i eat much the same as I did in the UK - perhaps over the year a few more salads, more grilled meats etc on the bbq, and fewer roasts - but otherwise still have stir frys, curries, pasta, pizzas home made as before.

In the 5 years I've been in Tassie I haven't had a cold.  I had a bit of a sniffle for a day or so a couple of years ago and that's it.  Plenty of good clean fresh air has helped I think.  Always eat plenty of fruit and veg.  Always have almonds and walnuts around if I need to snack. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Toots said:

In the 5 years I've been in Tassie I haven't had a cold.  I had a bit of a sniffle for a day or so a couple of years ago and that's it.  Plenty of good clean fresh air has helped I think.  Always eat plenty of fruit and veg.  Always have almonds and walnuts around if I need to snack. 

That's more an indication of the number of sick people you get exposure to, rather than the strength of your immune system.

2 minutes ago, newjez said:

That's more an indication of the number of sick people you get exposure to, rather than the strength of your immune system.

I think I picked up a lot of colds and other bugs that were going around in Sydney on public transport.  Amazing the number of people who cough and sneeze all over other folk.  🙄  Got to say though in the 20 odd years in my job in Sydney I only had a total of 15 days off sick.  OH never had a cold for about 15 years  when we lived there.  Younger son never had a cold until he started school.  Never had to cope with his snotty nose until then.  Had to teach him how to blow his nose into a tissue as he had no idea how to do it.  😑  He barely had a days absence from school due to sickness.