What type of visa would I need... is this possible!?

Hello everyone!

I'm thinking of moving from the uk to australia next year! Initially I was planning on getting the working holiday visa, and doing a little bit of traveling/backpacking and picking up the occasional work here and there. 

However, I've just found out that I can do my current job working... from home/remotely (on the laptop).

Isit legal to work for a uk company full time from home (which would be in australia).

Would this be possible?

Thank you in advance! :)

Yes, it's legal.  My only reservation would be that you're not likely to meet many people if you're working full-time from home.  

This is very true. I moved over on OH’s 457 and was able to continue working for the same company from home. It was great having that security that we had two incomes from day 1, but yes, getting to meet people was difficult. I spent every day alone and wanted to talk my OH’s ear off in the evening, whereas they had been talking to people all day so wanted a quiet evening [emoji23]
I had to make a concerted effort to get out and about but it was still difficult despite me being very comfortable with my own company.
When I eventually joined an Australian company, it got a lot better.
  • Like 1