Food Intolerances

Loopylulucy

Hi, 

My husband and I would like to start the visa process soon, but over the last few months we’ve noticed my husband seems to be dairy intolerant, he’s reluctant to go to the doctors to get it investigated in case this causes medical issues when we come to that stage of our applications as we’ve had medical issues holding us back regarding my son so doesn’t want to add more complications. 

Am I right in assuming we will be ok to have this on his medical records? 

Any suggestions will be a huge help

27 minutes ago, Loopylulucy said:

Hi, 

My husband and I would like to start the visa process soon, but over the last few months we’ve noticed my husband seems to be dairy intolerant, he’s reluctant to go to the doctors to get it investigated in case this causes medical issues when we come to that stage of our applications as we’ve had medical issues holding us back regarding my son so doesn’t want to add more complications. 

Any suggestions will be a huge help

If he believes that he is dairy intolerant why not simply avoid dairy?  It is easy to do.  If it doesn’t help then the self-diagnosis may be wrong and medical advice may have to be sought.

15 hours ago, Loopylulucy said:

Hi, 

I don't think there's any need to have it investigated, because dairy intolerance is not an illness.  It's probably lactose intolerance and it doesn't need treatment, It's just the way he was born.   It's a very common thing.  Over 90% of all Chinese people are lactose intolerant.  75% of Africans are lactose intolerant.

Funnily enough, my husband is lactose intolerant and he didn't find out until  he was in his fifties, when he was being tested for something else.  He just knew that milk "didn't agree with him", but he made himself eat milk and yoghurt because he felt they were good for him.   Now I buy lactose-free milk and yoghurt instead.

Edited by Marisawright