UK RICS accredited Building Surveying degree and VETASSESS for Construction Project Manager

t2529

Hi everyone,

This is an extremely narrow subject, but I hope someone can help.

Has anyone done a VETASSESS assessment on their background as a chartered building surveyor with a view to taking an ANZSCO occupation on the MLTSSL list, for example Construction Project Manager?

Nine times out ten, a chartered building surveyor will have done an RICS accredited Building Surveying degree which has an element of Construction Project Management in it. I suppose the challenge is convincing the Australian Government that this degree and work experience can satisfy a background as ANZSCO Construction Project Manager.

Thank you

From the skills assessing authority:

Construction Project Manager (ANZSCO Code 133111)

This occupation requires a qualification assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation. In addition to this, applicants must have undertaken at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

It might pay you to consult a registered migration agent for an assessment of your case and advice about possible visa strategies.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, just confirming I've been in touch with a migration agent and am preparing this.

I would be really grateful if anyone had any feedback on how to present a Construction Project Manager VETASSESS resume and references.

1 hour ago, t2529 said:

Hi, just confirming I've been in touch with a migration agent and am preparing this.

I would be really grateful if anyone had any feedback on how to present a Construction Project Manager VETASSESS resume and references.

If you are using an agent, they should be doing this for you. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 07/10/2019 at 05:08, ginag131 said:

Hi,

Sorry to jump on your thread but this is the same question i wanted answering as well.

Didi you receive any advice on whether it is possible to use PM element of Building Surveying degree to satisfy visa requirements?

Thanks

Hi ginag131, unfortunately I've not had a chance to test out VETASSESS and building surveying, but happy to have a chat on other strategies to get PR plus employers too. I've sent you a private message.

11 hours ago, t2529 said:

Hi ginag131, unfortunately I've not had a chance to test out VETASSESS and building surveying, but happy to have a chat on other strategies to get PR plus employers too. I've sent you a private message.

Be aware, giving individual migration advice is illegal under Australian law unless you are are registered migration agent. And yes they take this very seriously and yes, the department do monitor the forum. 

5 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Be aware, giving individual migration advice is illegal under Australian law unless you are are registered migration agent. And yes they take this very seriously and yes, the department do monitor the forum. 

Okay, more as in what employers are looking for chartered building surveyors, and how they sponsor, not migration advice..