traffic offence

SAbby

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone could please let me know if my visa can be refused on the grounds of traffic offences. I had three traffic offence's totalling to $550 in fines. I had to court for this. I had disclosed this in my application. To date, all the fines have been paid. So just wondering are there still chances of refusal?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

On 04/05/2019 at 00:31, SAbby said:

Hi all, 

Just wondering if anyone could please let me know if my visa can be refused on the grounds of traffic offences. I had three traffic offence's totalling to $550 in fines. I had to court for this. I had disclosed this in my application. To date, all the fines have been paid. So just wondering are there still chances of refusal?

Thanks in advance for the responses.

It depends on the seriousness of the offences. If they are all minor offences it should be OK. If you have three DUI's it could be a problem.

The Department is becoming tougher on applicant's with a history of traffic offences and refusing habitual offenders under character grounds.

• Like 1

Hi Raul,

Thank you for your response. Appreciate it. 

It was not a DUI offence or anything. I was driving on my International license which I was not allowed to. Hence the prosecution and a trip to court to pay the fine. This offence was committed five years ago and to date, all the fines have been paid. Hope department grants a wavier as we have people with more serious crimes in the community. Either way, my bags are packed.😆