Student visa

Alan DJ Hardy

Hi 

I have now been granted a certificate of education in Australia to start next feb. I have an agent that will help me apply for the student visa 4 months before. I am told as I am 37 and wish to take my wife and 2 children over for the 2 year course they may still decline it? Has anyone had any experience with this? 

5 hours ago, Alan DJ Hardy said:

Hi 

I have now been granted a certificate of education in Australia to start next feb. I have an agent that will help me apply for the student visa 4 months before. I am told as I am 37 and wish to take my wife and 2 children over for the 2 year course they may still decline it? Has anyone had any experience with this? 

It sounds to me that your agency is a fraudulent operation. I forget the name but there is a large agency that has scammed several people and they use the term.  “Certificate of education” is a made -up term that they use.   It is meaningless 

Edited by Marisawright

I think you need to speak to one  of the registered agents on here, all of whom are well regarded.  I’ve no idea about whether  your student visa would be declined but common sense would tell me you’d certainly be asked lots of questions.  Why are you taking a very expensive route to education and moving your family to another country on a temporary basis?  What would your answer be if asked this and can you document you have the very healthy bank balance you will need.

On 05/05/2019 at 03:38, Alan DJ Hardy said:

Hi 

Do you mean a certificate of enrolment (CoE)?

The success of the application will depend on your specific circumstances. The fact that you will be including your wife and children, on it's own, is not a reason to refuse the application.

When you say you have "an Agent", do you mean a Registered Migration Agent, registered by  the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority, or do you mean someone operating overseas with no registration who calls themselves an Agent or Education Adviser, who is not allowed to provide Immigration advice?

14 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

Do you mean a certificate of enrolment (CoE)?

The success of the application will depend on your specific circumstances. The fact that you will be including your wife and children, on it's own, is not a reason to refuse the application.

When you say you have "an Agent", do you mean a Registered Migration Agent, registered by  the Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority, or do you mean someone operating overseas with no registration who calls themselves an Agent or Education Adviser, who is not allowed to provide Immigration advice?

Hi 

Thank you for your reply. Yes it’s a certificate of enrolment. The company I am using are called Go Study and they have helped me with the course. They will help me with my student visa application also. There has been no charge from them as they gain some kind of commission/payment when I enrol. 

7 hours ago, Alan DJ Hardy said:

Thank you for your reply. Yes it’s a certificate of enrolment. The company I am using are called Go Study

Whew, that is a relief, I was really worried you had got caught up with one of the worst scammers.

However, be aware that Go Study is NOT a properly licensed migration agent.     They're just an educational consultant.

Educational consultants make their money from commissions paid by the colleges.  Even if they think a student visa isn't suitable for you, they're not going to say so, because then they'd earn nothing. Also, if you do the course and then find it's not helpful in getting a permanent visa, it's no skin off their nose - they promised to get you a student visa, they're not liable for anything else so you've got no comeback.  

You may already be aware of this, but just in case:

• To migrate to Australia, you MUST have an occupation that's on one of the Skilled lists.   You MUST also have the qualification AND EXPERIENCE specified on the list.
  • That rule applies even if you can find an employer to sponsor you.  Employers can't just sponsor for any job, the occupation must be on the lists.

It is possible to do a course, get the qualification, then you can apply for a 485 Visa, which lets you stay on in Australia for 18 months to gain the necessary experience.   However, not all courses and qualifications are eligible so it's vital to check whether your course would count.  

If you pick a course that doesn't qualify you to apply for a 485 visa, there will be no way for you to stay in Australia after you've finished your course.  You'll have to go home.  Without the 485 visa, no employer would be able to employ you.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 1