Please can anyone help re which visa I must have

Juditta

I am an English pensioner, I met a very nice Australian man, also a pensioner, more than two years ago, we have spent a lot of time together since then, and now plan for me to move to Australia with him quite soon, as finally got a buyer for my house.   I am becoming confused re which visa I will need to arrive in Australia, as our plan is for me to eventually apply for a Partner visa, but in between get a Bridging visa whilst we go through the processes.....my partner thinks all I will need is an ETA type of visa, which will give us time to apply (through an Agency) for my Bridging visa....but I have read that that is not possible to do with this an ETA visa, and that I would have to go offshore to re-apply for a different visa.   So please can someone help with advice, as getting confused about it all.      We also plan to get married in Australia.       I will be very grateful for advice, thanks. 

2 hours ago, Juditta said:

I am an English pensioner, I met a very nice Australian man, also a pensioner, more than two years ago, we have spent a lot of time together since then, and now plan for me to move to Australia with him quite soon, as finally got a buyer for my house.   I am becoming confused re which visa I will need to arrive in Australia, as our plan is for me to eventually apply for a Partner visa, but in between get a Bridging visa whilst we go through the processes.....my partner thinks all I will need is an ETA type of visa, which will give us time to apply (through an Agency) for my Bridging visa....but I have read that that is not possible to do with this an ETA visa, and that I would have to go offshore to re-apply for a different visa.   So please can someone help with advice, as getting confused about it all.      We also plan to get married in Australia.       I will be very grateful for advice, thanks. 

I recall your post last year.  Please, please, please do not do ANYTHING, and certainly DO NOT get on a plane to Australia until you have consulted a good migration agent (Paul Hand, who just answered, is one).   

If you do the wrong thing, like arriving on the wrong visa or applying for the wrong visa once you arrive, you could destroy your chances of ever being together.  I know an agent costs money, but how much do you value your relationship?  You can't afford to make a mistake as your whole future is at stake.  

Edited by Marisawright

53 minutes ago, paulhand said:

Based on what you have written, you really need to get some bespoke professional advice tailored to your specific situation. You won't get the necessary advice on a forum.

Thank you for your quick reply, I have filled in your company online form.

46 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

I recall your post last year.  Please, please, please do not do ANYTHING, and certainly DO NOT get on a plane to Australia until you have consulted a good migration agent (Paul Hand, who just answered, is one).   

If you do the wrong thing, like arriving on the wrong visa or applying for the wrong visa once you arrive, you could destroy your chances of ever being together.  I know an agent costs money, but how much do you value your relationship?  You can't afford to make a mistake as your whole future is at stake.  

Thanks very much Marisa, yes, always intended to use a migration agent, so have responded to Paul Hand.  Definitely need to do it right, so expert help will be brilliant.