Left Australia without brigding visa B

colaus15

Hi Everyone, 

I had to come to singapore last minute and left Australia on Saturday Afternoon, I applied for the bridging visa on Saturday morning thinking this would be fine and got on the plane. Now the bridging visa has been refused and my partner visa ceased. Im stuck in singapore now with a return flight to Australia in 5 days. 

Any advise on what are the steps to from here?The website does not help much. 

Thank you 

30 minutes ago, paulhand said:

You need to be clearer on your situation as what you have written is not enough to give any sensible comment. What visa did you hold when you left Australia?

Hi Paul 

I left Australia having the Partner visa, bridging category A. So I have been waiting for 13 months from the current 23-26 months processing time 

1 hour ago, colaus15 said:

Hi Paul 

I left Australia having the Partner visa, bridging category A. So I have been waiting for 13 months from the current 23-26 months processing time 

You're in big trouble then, you have no right to return to Australia.   I suggest consulting a good migration agent to see if there's any way to recover. You may just have to start your application all over again from offshore.

1 hour ago, colaus15 said:

Hi Paul 

If you are able to get a visitor visa/ETA then you can return on that and re-apply for a BVA. Remember you will have no work rights on a visitor visa. As Marisa says, it would pay to get some professional assistance to get this sorted out properly.

• Like 1