Traffic offences disclosure and citizenship application

JustUs

Hi,

With all the reports of people being denied citizenship because of previous traffic convictions, I’m just wondering if all fines, no matter how small should just be declared on the application?

The application says one doesn’t have to if it’s minor offence, to quote ..”A traffic infringement, such as a on-the-spot speeding or parking fine is not considered a conviction”...

Granted that the case in the link below, the person had multiple DUI’s offences and suspension of his licence but I wonder if this is open to interpretation for example the fine was for running a red light or driving above the speed limit in a school zone. Logic tells me that these are “lesser” fines and shouldn’t need to be disclosed. 

Just wondering if it’s just safer to disclose all and let the DOHA decide if it’s minor or not, rather than have them reject the application for non-disclosure.

Thanks in advance!

https://www.sbs.com.au/yourlanguage/punjabi/en/article/2019/06/27/australian-citizenship-refused-over-undisclosed-driving-offences