proof of residence for child living at home

Anthony King

Hi  My 17 year old daughter if applying for her citizenship certificate through decent , what can we do to provide proof of residence for my 17 year old who lives at home , she has nothing in her name , nothing with a signature on it and she doesn’t appear on any of the utility bills, certainly not the mortgage, even her foreign passport was signed by me as she was only 16  at the time . I can provide a utility bill ( I’m the father ) , would they accept a letter saying that she lives with me ?

Does anyone have any ideas what they would accept?

Tony

59 minutes ago, Anthony King said:

Hi , maybe but non of us are resident in australia.

That doesn't matter.  You're claimining citizenship by descent not citizenship by residency so there's no need to prove residency.   She has to prove her identity, that's all.  

Note those documents must collectively contain a photo, signature, current address and birth details.  That means each one can show something different.

Photograph - Passport

Signature - perhaps you could go to a notary public and have her sign something in their presence, so they can verify it's her signature?  

Current address - maybe go to your doctor and ask the receptionist if they can send a letter to her?  Or the school?

Birth name, date of birth and gender - birth certificate