Police checks for PR

Rawkus

When applying for a 189 PR visa , do you need to give a police check for a country you have lived in for exactly a year. I've read it is 12 months or more and I've also read over 12 months?

Would it be manditory for exactly a year ( Oct 4th to Oct 3rd the following year)

Also, this period was while I was on a working holiday visa. Does a police check need provided for Australia regardless of the time spent?

It can depend. For some countries they can ask for it for less than 12 months.  I would assume they will ask for it.  It should be easy enough to get so like the UK one wait until asked. They will do one later if you apply for citizenship anyway so hopefully you have declared anything untoward in your application.

I have PR. I think my immigration agent may have left out information on the application even though I provided all details. 

I'm wondering, if they left some things out, could they have not sent in my aus PCC as Well?

I know on the application the dates I lived there was submitted so the Case Officer would have known I was in Australia for a year and that there was a conviction of some kind.

2 hours ago, Rawkus said:

I have PR. I think my immigration agent may have left out information on the application even though I provided all details. 

I'm wondering, if they left some things out, could they have not sent in my aus PCC as Well?

I know on the application the dates I lived there was submitted so the Case Officer would have known I was in Australia for a year and that there was a conviction of some kind.

If you were in Oz for a year your CO would have requested a police check so your agent would have sent it.

And why on earth are you stressing over it when you slready have PR?!

In the application where it asks for details only a vague answer was given, not going into details about the convictions. 

I've asked the agent and they say everything was declared and they go by the police checks.

Just the thought of the police check not being submitted worries me. 

Because I was there a year you'd hope they got it?

Yes, rammygirl your right that's my concern.

Because it said yes to the convictions question and it tells the dates I was in Australia which was exactly a year I suppose I'm just asking if anyone knows if the Case Officer would ask for the police check.

7 hours ago, Rawkus said:

If you are concerned about this, ask the agent to provide you with a copy of the application they submitted. They should have provided that to you anyway.

You are asking question which are very specific to your situation, which no one can answer without knowing exactly what was provided with your application.

You should obtain copies of the application and all documents provided from your Agent. 

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can take all of the information and documents to another Agent for a second opinion.

Trying to gain assurances on a Public forum, based on such little information, is only going to confuse you and make you worry.