Does your tertiary qualification have to be of a certain duration in order to be eligible for a WHV 462?

chris63863

Can you give us the name of the diploma and the subject, and what university/college did you study at?

Some private colleges may issue "diplomas" but they are not an officially recognised qualification, they're just a recognition of having completed their course.  So you need to check whether your diploma is a recognised one or not.   Here's an explanation that may help:

https://brownsprofessional.edu.au/blog/certificate-vs-diploma-what-is-the-difference/

@Marisawright

It's a diploma of business from Lonsdale institute. It was a 6 month course. The institute was/ is on the CRICOS website.

I am asking because I had asked a migration lawyer and she told me I am not eligible for the WHV because my course was only 6 months and that it needs to be at least 2 years but I cannot seem to find where it says that anywhere. She also said she cannot find anywhere what type of tertiary qualification Greek nationals should have but on the home affairs website, it clearly states diplomas for Greece. 

5 hours ago, chris63863 said:

@Marisawright

It's a diploma of business from Lonsdale institute. It was a 6 month course. The institute was/ is on the CRICOS website.

I am asking because I had asked a migration lawyer and she told me I am not eligible for the WHV because my course was only 6 months and that it needs to be at least 2 years but I cannot seem to find where it says that anywhere. She also said she cannot find anywhere what type of tertiary qualification Greek nationals should have but on the home affairs website, it clearly states diplomas for Greece. 

If she is a registered migration agent she should either know the answer or know where to find it.

• 3 weeks later...