Storage

Aussiebird

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any international removal companies in the UK that offer a storage facility?

We are pondering with the idea of storing our container until we have found jobs and bought a home in Australia, but not sure if we can store in the UK or Australia?

Has anyone done this? And how much did it cost and the length of time a container can be stored for?

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Aussiebird said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of any international removal companies in the UK that offer a storage facility?

We are pondering with the idea of storing our container until we have found jobs and bought a home in Australia, but not sure if we can store in the UK or Australia?

Has anyone done this? And how much did it cost and the length of time a container can be stored for?

Thanks in advance.

Will you not need your furniture for your rental?

Nearly all the big companies will do storage for you and they'll be happy to keep it as long as you pay for it -  but it will probably be more expensive than self-storage rates.   Also there will be no way to access the goods while they're in storage (that may not be a problem for you).

However, how are you going to manage in the meantime?   It's very rare to find furnished rentals in Australia, so you'd have to stay in a serviced apartment or executive let until you buy a place which would be very costly.

Edited by Marisawright

12 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Nearly all the big companies will do storage for you and they'll be happy to keep it as long as you pay for it -  but it will probably be more expensive than self-storage rates.   Also there will be no way to access the goods while they're in storage (that may not be a problem for you).

However, how are you going to manage in the meantime?   It's very rare to find furnished rentals in Australia, so you'd have to stay in a serviced apartment or executive let until you buy a place which would be very costly.

Thank you. We are staying with my brother luckily, so if we dont find jobs before our container arrives we will need to store our stuff somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Aussiebird said:

Thank you. We are staying with my brother luckily, so if we dont find jobs before our container arrives we will need to store our stuff somewhere.

Ah sorry, I got hold of the wrong end of the stick.  I thought you meant you wanted to leave your stuff in storage in the UK.

What I'd suggest is, don't use the shipping company's storage.  When you arrive in Australia, find a good self-storage facility that's convenient for you, and get them to deliver the stuff there. 

It does mean extra unpacking and packing, BUT it means that if you end up taking a while to find a home, you'll be able to pop into the storage facliity and pick things up as and when you need them, instead of having to do without absolutely everything for months. 

• Like 1