Please recommend area to live not to far from Ravenhall correctional center (within max 30-45 mins)

CeeJayKav

Halo

We are moving in a couple of months to Melbourne, i will be working at Ravenhall Correctional Center. May you please recommend the best areas to look for accommodation. I would consider where there are good primary  schools, transport connection, kindergarten, playgrounds. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Cath

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 06:20, CeeJayKav said:

Halo

We are moving in a couple of months to Melbourne, i will be working at Ravenhall Correctional Center. May you please recommend the best areas to look for accommodation. I would consider where there are good primary  schools, transport connection, kindergarten, playgrounds. 

Thank you for your assistance.

Cath

Forensicare?

33 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Ravenhall is out in the north west of Melbourne which isn’t regarded as a particularly desirable area to live. 

A good place to check suburbs is Homely.com.au

You don’t say whether you’ll be driving to work or want public transport connections?

Thank you for your response. I will be driving. Would prefer a nicer area because I have young children. Please recommend. 

Hi I am presuming that you will be doing shift work so may not have to worry to much about rush hour traffic. You will be going against the traffic out of town anyway so may not be too bad. 

I lived in Kensington which is just west of centre of Melbourne, some areas in the west which I think are nice are Williamstown, Yarraville, Newport, Seddon. It is depend on your budget. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

It depends entirely on what sort of suburbs you like. Taste is subjective. There are a lot of new suburbs around Ravenhall - it's practically on the doorstep of Caroline Springs. Some people love the new and hate the grotty old suburbs, others think the new suburbs are hell of earth and that the old suburbs have character.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎/‎04‎/‎2020 at 23:39, Ken said:

It depends entirely on what sort of suburbs you like. Taste is subjective. There are a lot of new suburbs around Ravenhall - it's practically on the doorstep of Caroline Springs. Some people love the new and hate the grotty old suburbs, others think the new suburbs are hell of earth and that the old suburbs have character.

Ended up in Point Cook. Thank u

• 1 month later...