UK Passport

AussieMike

Hi all I am a first timer to this forum , after some advice on the best way I can get a UK passport . Just a brief history about me , landed in OZ in 1964 , yes 10 pound Pom . Currently I am trying to get Citizenship, yes I know why wait so long , well didn’t really fell it was that important because I thought I was Australian.So anyway I have now been waiting almost two years for my application to be processed and want to get a passport to travel overseas.

l thought a UK Passport would be an option as I understood I was still a UK citizen , so I tried the online application of the UK Passport send all the documents but when it came time to pay the fee it just stopped the application I think it had something to do with I was paying with Aussie dollars.

Has anyone else had this issue? So I got in touch with the UK consulate in Brisbane and apparently the only way to get this passport is online 

If anyone has a solution it would be appreciated. I guess the ideal solution would have been to get Australian Citizenship much early 

5 hours ago, AussieMike said:

Hi all I am a first timer to this forum , after some advice on the best way I can get a UK passport . Just a brief history about me , landed in OZ in 1964 , yes 10 pound Pom . Currently I am trying to get Citizenship, yes I know why wait so long , well didn’t really fell it was that important because I thought I was Australian.So anyway I have now been waiting almost two years for my application to be processed and want to get a passport to travel overseas.

l thought a UK Passport would be an option as I understood I was still a UK citizen , so I tried the online application of the UK Passport send all the documents but when it came time to pay the fee it just stopped the application I think it had something to do with I was paying with Aussie dollars.

Has anyone else had this issue? So I got in touch with the UK consulate in Brisbane and apparently the only way to get this passport is online 

If anyone has a solution it would be appreciated. I guess the ideal solution would have been to get Australian Citizenship much early 

I would get Australian citizenship.

6 hours ago, AussieMike said:

Hi AussieMike, try the website again, I used my Aussie bank card to pay for our new UK passports and did not have an issue. Supply all the listed documents as requested and you’ll get your UK passport very quickly, it’s a simple process these days. Our new UK passports arrived in just over a week which was very impressive !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AussieMike said:

Two years!  That's ridiculous especially as you've been living here continuously since 1964.

When I renewed my British passport online I paid with my visa card and I received my new passport in 3 weeks.   I don't know why you had a problem.

• Like 1