What visa for Aussie Spouse?

sorca

Hi, I’m hoping someone on here may have some knowledge.  I’m Scottish and my husband in Aussie.  We are considering a move back to Scotland in the next few years and are looking into visa’s.  I’m wondering what visa would be the best to go on as I’m finding all the options very confusing. 
His grandmother was born in England and so I think he could get an ancestry visa.  However with the £2000 NHS fee and the £500 visa fee it’s expensive.  I thought Australia and the uk had a kind of health care agreement?!!!  It doesn’t look like it though! 
Or would we be best going on a spousal visa?  I’m finding it hard to get a lot of info on the spousal visa - does anyone know much about this?  It is cheaper? Easier? 

We also have 2 kids born Australia but I’d probably get them uk passports before we go and I’d assume they wouldn’t need anything else.

Any experience with either visa would be great! 

Many thanks 

The ancestry visa is far simpler. A spouse visa would require you to meet one of the financial assessments of either having £64k in savings or you having a job offer paying at least £18600. 

He may have to pay the NHS surcharge, but may not. There is a calculator on the UK visa page that will calculate this for you. 

With the children, correct, they are British, so just need passports.