1 hour ago, Rebeccamctaggart said:

We currently don’t own our house we private rent so we have started to save a lot more, we have Always wanted to emigrate and we have always had Australia at the top of our list, of we can’t get a sponsorship then my partner will look for a job.

Ive been wanting to move since I left school but never got around to doing it, but finally after 20 years I have haha.

If you look on seek.com.au you can get an idea of jobs available and wages roughly.

I will be going over without a job but im confident of finding work when I get there.

2 hours ago, Rebeccamctaggart said:

We currently don’t own our house we private rent so we have started to save a lot more, we have Always wanted to emigrate and we have always had Australia at the top of our list, of we can’t get a sponsorship then my partner will look for a job.

Chances of getting a job before you arrive are slim to non-existant.  You should plan 3-6 months living costs as a buffer as it might take that long to get work, plus then he will have to work for 12 months at lower rates while gaining his experience.  It is not cheap.

9 hours ago, Lavers said:

I don't expect there to be much difference between the UK & Aus but if I can have the weather then that will be a big plus for me, will we stay there for the rest of our life I don't know but at least we wont have any what ifs in 20 years time.

You want the weather??? Oh dear.

However you seem to have the right attitude. If it works you win, if it doesn't, you move on and lose a shed load of money in the process.  But Marisa is right - it's not Britain in the other side of the world, it's a foreign country which happens to speak English and drive on the left, that's about it. Just another first world country with all those things that you whinge about in your current first world country but lots of customs and mores which will be alien to you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quoll said:

You want the weather??? Oh dear.

However you seem to have the right attitude. If it works you win, if it doesn't, you move on and lose a shed load of money in the process.  But Marisa is right - it's not Britain in the other side of the world, it's a foreign country which happens to speak English and drive on the left, that's about it. Just another first world country with all those things that you whinge about in your current first world country but lots of customs and mores which will be alien to you. 

Maybe not the 40 degree but I will have to learn to live with that 😉

Like you say though it's the same issues wherever you go.