482 TSS, can I get another one?

djianb

Hi

I’m currently on my 482tss visa and am concerned about being made redundant from work and subsequently not being able to find a new sponsor in 60 days due to covid19 pandemic.

if I was to return to the uk can I apply again for another 482tss visa In say 12 months or can I only hold one (2x2years) in my lifetime?

thanks

Yes you can get another one in theory, but since the economy worldwide will be in such a mess and unemployment will likely be very high in Australia after the pandemic is over, I'd be pessimistic about your chances. It's likely there would be a lot of anti-immigrant feeling so the govt won't be in a hurry to allow temporary migrants in.

Yes you can get another one in theory, but since the economy worldwide will be in such a mess and unemployment will likely be very high in Australia after the pandemic is over, I'd be pessimistic about your chances. It's likely there would be a lot of anti-immigrant feeling so the govt won't be in a hurry to allow temporary migrants in.

I would say there is an element of truth in this, however Australia will potentially have lost a lot of skilled migrants once this is over.
Just because Australian unemployment will be high doesn’t mean there won’t be a requirement to boost the skilled migrant numbers
If Aussies couldn’t do the jobs in question before the crisis they won’t be able to do them afterwards so the requirement will still be there.
It is a point however that there is likely to be less of these jobs to fill