QROPS transfer and tax deductions

Nasher

I will be moving my UK pension to Australia in June. I have an estimation that after accounting for the assessable growth, I have $150,000 that would be considered as non-contributional contribution. I am a sole trader. Can I claim $25,000 out of this contribution for tax deduction?

23 hours ago, Nasher said:

I will be moving my UK pension to Australia in June. I have an estimation that after accounting for the assessable growth, I have $150,000 that would be considered as non-contributional contribution. I am a sole trader. Can I claim $25,000 out of this contribution for tax deduction?

I think you should be talking to a tax professional about the AFEs attaching to the sum transferred - and the tax question you have asked.

Best regards.

10 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

I think you should be talking to a tax professional about the AFEs attaching to the sum transferred - and the tax question you have asked.

Best regards.

AFEs = Acronyms For Ever!

• Haha 1

On 15/04/2020 at 12:00, Nasher said:

Hi Nasher

This should help: https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Super/In-detail/Growing-your-super/Claiming-deductions-for-personal-super-contributions/?anchor=Whatyoucantclaim#Whatyoucantclaim

Andy