Any information on a visa for gardener (general)

Please be kind as it's my first post .

Any information on how to go about getting a visa on a general gardener occupation  18years experience and I am a team leader also a train the trainer  aged 36 currently dont have a qualification as all on the job training  but could quite easily get my cert3 , is this even possible 😩😩 iv had so much conflicting information I'm so confused ..was thinking the 491 visa but I'm not sure if I qualify !! I dont really want to.pay a migration agent just to be told no (dont mind paying once I know I have a chance ) any information would be grateful 

thankyou 

2 hours ago, Stoxy01 said:

Any information on how to go about getting a visa on a general gardener occupation  ... ..was thinking the 491 visa but I'm not sure if I qualify !! I dont really want to.pay a migration agent just to be told no (dont mind paying once I know I have a chance ) any information would be grateful 

thankyou 

The bottom line is that to get a visa, your occupation must be on one of the Skilled Lists.    If it's not on a list, you can't work in Australia, end of story.  There are two lists.  

One is the STSOL.  If you're on that list, you can come to Australia for a few years, IF you can find an employer who's willing to give you a temporary contract.  However it's only temporary, and you are not allowed to apply for any kind of permanent visa thereafter.   

The other list is the MLTSSL.  It's for permanent visas, granted either by the federal (national) government, or by individual states (the 189, 190 or 491 visas).  Each individual state has its own rules about who they accept, which is why it's confusing. 

The bad news, though, is that I can't see Gardener (General) on the MLTSSL.   I found a few websites that say it is on the list, but they're probably out of date.  When I go to the official sites, I can't see it. If you want to be sure, then a quick consult with a reputable agent - which they'll give you free of charge - will clarify. 

I think Gardner and Landscape Gardner are on the 491 list, so it may be worth speaking to an agent to see if you can cross match what you  do to fit one of these occupations. Sometimes people can fall into 2 or 3 'job descriptions'. Good luck with it all

Cal x

17 minutes ago, calNgary said:

I think Gardner and Landscape Gardner are on the 491 list, so it may be worth speaking to an agent to see if you can cross match what you  do to fit one of these occupations. Sometimes people can fall into 2 or 3 'job descriptions'. Good luck with it all

Cal x

I can see that they're on the STSOL and the RSMSL lists, but they're not on the MLTSSL, which is where they need to be for the 491 as I understand it?   There is a RSMSL list is for the 187 visa, meaning you need an employer to sponsor you, but I think that would be a tough ask.

Edited by Marisawright

Thanks for your reply I have seen gardener on the 491 list definitely but think it would mean state sponsorship or employer sponsorship but how do you go about that ??? I know this is not a easy task and i am under no illusion that it would not be a straight forward task but even if there is a small chance I'm willing to try ..thanks for ur replies 

7 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I can see that they're on the STSOL and the RSMSL lists, but they're not on the MLTSSL, which is where they need to be for the 491 as I understand it?   There is a RSMSL list is for the 187 visa, meaning you need an employer to sponsor you, but I think that would be a tough ask.

The 491 requires the occupation to be on either: 

(a) Medium and Long‑term Strategic Skills List; or

(b) Short‑term Skilled Occupation List; or

(c) Regional Occupation List

and be available for nomination by a particular state.

2 hours ago, Stoxy01 said:

I know this is not a easy task and i am under no illusion that it would not be a straight forward task but even if there is a small chance I'm willing to try

It would make sense to contact one of the Registered Migration Agents who post regularly on this forum to get some professional advice.

• 2 weeks later...

Also interested to know a bit more about this for a family member who is looking to come out here. I see the occupation is on the South Australia state list. The family member is an estate manager/gardener and has over 10 years experience but no formal qualifications. 

4 hours ago, CaptainR said:

Also interested to know a bit more about this for a family member who is looking to come out here. I see the occupation is on the South Australia state list. The family member is an estate manager/gardener and has over 10 years experience but no formal qualifications. 

They need to speak to an agent such as Paul above