Give it to me straight

bdent1234

Hi guys, I'm new here.

I will be graduating in 2021 with a degree in Computer Science and was wondering if I am correct in thinking it would be extremely hard to get a visa (or even a role) without years of job experience first. Has anyone else managed this?

26 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

If you’re under 30 you can get a WHV which will give you a year of adventure in Australia and that may be all you need. Easy and quick. Then you can decide if it’s worth jumping through the hoops to get a permanent visa 

I looked into the WHV but it would be quite limiting in terms of what work I could do. I've visited Oz a couple of times now, for about a month each time and am willing to jump through hoops. I have actually reached out to a couple of companies today, just to discuss possibilities with them but I'd need to really make it worth it for companies to sponsor!

2 hours ago, bdent1234 said:

I looked into the WHV but it would be quite limiting in terms of what work I could do. I've visited Oz a couple of times now, for about a month each time and am willing to jump through hoops. I have actually reached out to a couple of companies today, just to discuss possibilities with them but I'd need to really make it worth it for companies to sponsor!

Why would a WHV be limiting? I know plenty of people who come on a WHV and do their usual occupation. The only limitation is that you can’t work for one employer for more than six months. It would give you a chance to network and prove your worthwith employers and if you have the appropriate qualifications, possibly get sponsored 

Edited by Marisawright

2 hours ago, bdent1234 said:

You'd almost certainly fail the ANZSCO job assessment (which for most computing careers would be ACS) without any valid experience